Chapter 3 Arc 1

The survivors had returned to their makeshift haven, having successfully gathered enough resources to last them for a few months. But their planning didn't stop at hoarding supplies; they knew they needed to fortify their camp, to make it a sanctuary amidst the madness that had engulfed the city.

As they huddled around a crude map of the city, Ji-hoon, Min-ji, Sun-woo, and Lisa discussed their next steps. To aid in setting up the defenses, they had gathered a team of brave volunteers. Two girls and three boys had stepped forward, ready to accompany them into the treacherous city, in search of whatever materials and knowledge they could bring back to strengthen their sanctuary.

Amidst their preparations and discussions, an eerie feeling settled over them. It was as if an invisible hand had dumped a bucket of ice-cold water down their spines. The sensation sent shivers through their collective resolve, alerting them to an impending danger they couldn't yet comprehend.

Then, in the distance, the air filled with agonized screams and high-pitched shrieks that pierced through the eerie silence of the decimated city. The survivors exchanged alarmed glances. Something was terribly wrong, and it was happening too close for comfort.

Their instincts screamed at them to run, to get back to their camp as fast as their legs would carry them. Without wasting a moment, they abandoned their preparations and sprinted back in the direction of their sanctuary.

But as they neared their camp, their worst fears were realized. What greeted them was a scene of absolute carnage. The place they had come to call home was in ruins, bodies strewn about like macabre decorations, and the once-secured perimeter now breached.

Zombies, a relentless horde of them, had descended upon their sanctuary. The screams they had heard earlier now made sense; their camp had suffered a nightmarish zombie wave, an unstoppable onslaught that had decimated their defenses and claimed numerous lives.

The team arrived too late to prevent the devastation, and it was impossible to gauge the scale of the losses. Panic and desperation filled their hearts as they fought to clear the area of the undead, but the damage was done. In the wake of the zombie wave, their camp lay in ruins, and the survivors were left to grapple with the grim reality that their once-safety was now gone.

As they looked at the fallen camp, Ji-hoon, Min-ji, Sun-woo, Lisa, and the others couldn't help but wonder what had brought about this devastating attack. The answer remained unclear, but one thing was certain: in this unforgiving world, there was no refuge, and every day was a struggle to survive.