Chapter 2 Arc 5

Maniacal laughter echoed in the surroundings as Seraphiel looked down upon her subjects, her eyes darkening and narrowing. "Move faster!!" she yelled, flicking her whip towards a haggard human who quickly scrambled to comply with the orders of the former saintess.

Seraphiel's eyes softened as she spoke, "As the saintess, I only want what is best for you. So, don't be sensitive and follow my instructions. Trust in my wisdom, and don't let your misguided thoughts cloud your understanding."

The people, their faces full of anguish, turned to guilt. They yielded and apologized, bowing before continuing their tasks. Seraphiel, with darkening blue eyes and golden flecks, thought, 'Peasants these days,' subtly rolling her eyes. Ignoring them, she continued to plan to "purify" the world and save it.

Seraphiel's eyes darkened as she murmured to herself, outlining the intricate details of her plan. "First, I shall manipulate the minds of the leaders, making them believe that my rule is for the greater good. Then, I will tighten my control, suppressing any resistance. Slowly, the people will come to accept my guidance as the only path to salvation," she mused, a sinister smile playing on her lips. "And once the world is under my dominion, I shall ascend as a deity, bringing about an era of absolute order and purity." Seraphiel chuckled at her own ambitions, reveling in the perceived righteousness of her dark design.

Seraphiel's eyes narrowed in contemplation. "But if those peasants are too thick-minded to see the glory of my rule, then I shall purify them," she declared with a sinister grin. "Eternal slumber will be their reward – a serene rest, free from the burdens of thought and dissent. It's a kindness, really, a gift to spare them the chaos they bring upon themselves." The former saintess chuckled darkly at the notion, finding satisfaction in the twisted logic of her backup plan.

In the human realm, blue eyes furrowed, a frown adorning her face "Noona?" a voice called out as Lisa turned to look at the person "Eunwoo" She greeted with a warm tone, her blue eyes then made eye contact on molten gold ones "Pyran" She greeted with a nod -a small part of her still bitter at the fact Joon-ki's body and identity were used and discarded- Pyran nodded back in greeting as Eunwoo looked at her with worried eyes "Noona, What's wrong?" He asked in concern, Lisa smiled warmly "Nothing's wrong, just feel like something big is about to happen" Lisa then stood up "Speaking of that, I need to speak to your Father about it, do excuse me" Lisa walked off, not before ruffling Eunwoo's hair and nodding at Pyran.

Molten gold eyes watched as the woman walked away 'Her instincts are strong' He thought, already aware of what she was talking about.

Lisa walked through the hallways of the main base, coming to a stop at Ji-hoon's office. She knocked on the door, entering when she heard permission to go in.

As Lisa stepped inside the office, she saw Min-ji on the sofa looking a bit ruffled with swollen lips, and Ji-hoon, who had his jacket on the table with swollen lips. Lisa grinned with knowing eyes at them as she wiggled her eyebrows. She watched them turn into tomatoes before she coughed and looked at them seriously. They, in return, looked alarmed and fixed their appearance, prepared to listen to her.

Ji-hoon, Min-ji, and Lisa gathered in a secluded room within the main base. Lisa's expression was serious, her instincts honed by generations of family teachings, she spoke up.

"I have a bad feeling about what's coming. It's not just a typical threat; it's something more significant," Lisa began, her eyes reflecting a mix of concern and slight fear.

Ji-hoon furrowed his brows, sensing the gravity of Lisa's words. "What do you sense, Lisa? Can you give us more details?"

Lisa took a deep breath before responding, "I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but the energy feels... ominous. Like a storm brewing on the horizon, and we need to prepare for its arrival."

Ji-hoon, usually stoic and reserved, shared a concerned glance with Min-ji. "What should we do, Lisa? How can we prepare for something we can't fully comprehend?"

Lisa leaned forward, her gaze unwavering. "We need to strengthen our defenses, fortify our alliances, and ensure everyone is aware of the potential danger. I've felt this before – the kind of energy that precedes catastrophe."

Ji-hoon nodded in agreement. "We'll mobilize our forces, enhance security measures, and spread the word. Lisa, anything else we should be aware of?"

Lisa paused, her gaze focused and resolute. "Be cautious of the corrupted light seeking a higher position. It could be manipulating events from the shadows."

The trio exchanged determined looks, acknowledging the gravity of the situation. Together, they started strategizing, preparing their people for the impending threat that Lisa's instincts forewarned.