Chapter 13 Arc 4

In a serene moment, the two deities embraced, their eyes fixed on the reflective pond where koi fish swam in graceful circles. A vivid image emerged within the waters—an ecstatic red-haired figure running with unbridled joy, gleefully pursued by their beloved. The laughter of the two figures echoed in joy, blissfully ignorant of the twists and turns that the future held for them in the unfolding chapters of their intertwined destinies.

Hazel eyes, filled with warmth, observed the unfolding scene. Lucius' gaze lingered on the red-head before him, the significance of the prophecy resonating in his mind. "Molten gold eyes and..." His eyes trailed to the other, and a wave of sadness flickered across his gaze. "A lover." Lucius acknowledged the tender reunion, knowing all too well that the path ahead would not be smooth. "Their journey will not be smooth; they just got reunited, but fate is cruel," he mused with a touch of melancholy. "They will once again be separated once Seraphiel breaks free from her chains."

His eyes shifted towards his companion, and a sense of shared history hung in the air. "Like we once did before Zephyrion found a way to ascend, and it wasn't a peaceful ascension," Lucius reflected, his mind drifting towards memories that spanned thousands of years, etched with the echoes of a time long past.

Pushing the weight of memories to the recesses of his mind, Lucius felt the comforting touch of Zephyrion's caress. Leaning against the other's chest, he directed his gaze towards the tranquil pond. The rippling water reflected a serene tableau, a momentary respite from the challenges that awaited. In the quiet embrace, Lucius found solace, drawing strength from the shared present, even as the echoes of their ancient history lingered in the hazel depths of his eyes.

Pyran's laughter echoed through the field of beautiful flowers as Eldrin enveloped him in a warm hug. Min-ji and Ji-hoon, witnessing the joy in the couples' faces, couldn't help but smile. However, amidst the happiness, a subtle unease began to grow in their chests. "Why does it feel like the chaos isn't over?" the two pondered in silent contemplation. Despite the nagging sense of uncertainty, they shrugged off the disquieting thoughts, choosing instead to immerse themselves in the carefree scene of the couple running around and enjoying each other's company like children.

In the Abyss, screams reverberated as chaos engulfed everything. "Find her!" Eldrothok's commanding order echoed through the tumult as the soldiers of the Abyss scrambled in a frantic search for the former believer of the Deity Lux. Sylvana watched with a heavy heart as her people grouped themselves, determined to prevent an impending disaster.

Her worried gaze fixed upon the broken chains and the remnants of a destroyed room. Dimly glowing seals and arrays flickered before succumbing to destruction. A sense of urgency filled Sylvana's thoughts. "She must be found immediately," she concluded, her mind grappling with the fear of her people facing extinction in the midst of the unfolding chaos.

Sylvana, propelled by a sense of urgency, hurried towards the nearest waters. Chanting a spell, she sought to establish contact with her kind, issuing a warning about the broken seal and the freed Seraphiel. The urgency in her message extended to other tribes, emphasizing the imminent threat that loomed over them all.

Having dispatched the crucial warning, Sylvana turned her attention back to the waters. As the daughter of the tides, she chanted a spell, beseeching the elemental forces for aid. Her plea resonated through the currents as she implored the waters to protect her people and the tribes from the encroaching threat of corrupted light.

A sinister laugh echoed as Seraphiel, reveling in the chaos, observed the monsters scrambling to find her. "That's what you get for trying to contain me, the chosen one, from completing the prophecy that is fated for me," she declared with a maniacal edge, her laughter resonating through the tumult.

"But do not worry," she continued, her tone dripping with dark anticipation, "for I, Seraphiel Lightbringer, will make you sleep for eternity for the greater good!" Her laughter persisted, merging with the ominous atmosphere she cast upon the Abyss.

"And once I've completed the prophecy, for sure," she yelled enthusiastically, her light blue eyes with golden flecks darkening with greed once more, "I, Seraphiel Lightbringer, will ascend as a Deity!" The echoes of her proclamation hung in the air, foreshadowing a dark ascent and an uncertain fate for the realms she sought to transcend.