Chapter 1 Arc 5

The Heavenly Realm was in chaos as the news of the Corrupted Light's escape reached their ears. They all flocked to the halls of the court.

Calls of "Your Majesty!" echoed through the majestic halls of the Heavenly Realm as a crimson-clothed figure made his way down to the forbidden section. The grandeur of the surroundings did little to soften the atmosphere, and the air held a palpable tension. As the man reached the sealed path, a deep voice resonated, addressing him by name. Zephyrion faced the speaker, once regarded as a mentor and father figure by all the deities.

Their features twisted into an uncomfortable, eerie grin – a stark departure from the once-gentle countenance that had instilled respect and trust."Damien Forsythe," Zephyrion greeted, his tone carrying a veneer of politeness that thinly veiled the lack of respect for the man who had brought distress to his beloved Lucius.

Damien Forsythe, the once-beloved Emperor of the Heavenly Realm, wielded a twisted influence. He ruled not only with a gentle fist but also with a sinister agenda. While outwardly guiding the younger deities with a calm demeanor, the shadows of manipulation lurked beneath his actions. Yet, as the events unfolded, the facade of benevolence crumbled, revealing a darker truth.

He had been the father figure, mentor, uncle, and ruler—all roles that the deities once held dear. However, the revelation of his involvement in Seraphiel Lightbringer's corruption shattered the trust they had placed in him. The meeting at the forbidden path would not only address the current threat but also unravel the layers of deceit that surrounded the once-venerated Damien Forsythe.

Behind Damien Forsythe's gentle, fatherly facade hid a malevolent truth. The deities failed to perceive that the smiles and warmth they received were nothing but a facade, concealing the treachery that led to their eventual downfall.

Damien Forsythe, bearing the titles of both Deity of Justice and Deity of Chaos, played a dual role that went unnoticed by those who trusted him.While his just demeanor earned him the trust of the heavenly beings, his other title, Deity of Chaos, remained a well-kept secret. Unbeknownst to the deities, holding two responsibilities was an anomaly, and there was no record of any deity maintaining such a balance without succumbing to madness.

Damien tilted his head, his voice shifting to a gentler tone, yet his grin persisted. "What are you doing here, my child?" Zephyrion, unfazed, cut through the facade. "Quit with the crap. Do you have something to do with that brat's escape?" he questioned, prompting a chuckle from Damien. His laughter spiraled into a maniacal crescendo. "What if I do?" he mused between fits of laughter. "But what if I don't?" The air thickened with tension as Damien's laughter echoed, a disdainful click of the tongue punctuating the madness.

Deciding that enough was enough—though not admitting to a hint of annoyance resembling a child irritated by teasing from a father figure—Zephyrion turned away and left the forbidden section. Damien's echoing laughter lingered in his ears, a disturbing reminder of the chaos that had unfolded.

Zephyrion walked towards the gardens in his palace, the scent of lotus flowers surrounded him, stopping only when he reached the pavilion -the same pavilion where he had given him advice- he shook that thought away. Zephyrion took a deep breath, trying to calm the turmoil within.

Just as he exhaled, a warm voice cut through the silence, calling his name."Zeph?" The voice carried concern, and Zephyrion turned to face Lucius, meeting his hazel eyes with a silent acknowledgment of the turmoil within.

Zephyrion bowed, "Your Majesty," his bow was intercepted by a slender white hand. He briefly wondered how it feels to hold that hand, but it was raised, indicating him not to continue.

Lucius smiled, a faint sadness lingering in his hazel eyes. "Zephyrion, my dear friend, there's no need for such formalities." His voice held a gentle warmth, a stark contrast to the weight of the situation.

Zephyrion straightened, his crimson eyes reflecting gratitude. "Lucius," he spoke softly, acknowledging the unspoken understanding between them.

Lucius stood there, his hazel eyes filled with concern. "What happened, Zeph? You seem troubled," he asked, his voice soft like a soothing melody.

Zephyrion relaxed, his crimson eyes softening "It's nothing, Your Majesty, this lowly one doesn't dare to bother you with his problems" Zephyrion said

Lucius' brows furrowed slightly. "Nonsense. You can never bother me, Zeph," he said in defiance, though the words "In fact, I want you to bother me every day for everything" stayed on the tip of his tongue.

Zephyrion couldn't help but smile adoringly at the man, feeling a mixture of emotions. "There's something I need to tell you," Zephyrion confessed, his expression revealing the weight of his words.

Lucius, intrigued, nodded. "Speak freely, my friend."

Zephyrion proceeded to share his conflicted feelings about Damien Forsythe, the mentor and father figure who had also caused distress to the one Zephyrion cared about.

Lucius listened intently, his heart clenching at the mention of Zephyrion being in love with this person. Unbeknownst to Lucius, a pang of envy coursed through him. "Who is this person?" Lucius wondered silently in his mind. "They must be so lucky."