Chapter 5 Arc 1

As the survivors pored over the discovered documents, their voices carried an air of disbelief and urgency.

"Camp population limit: 25 or less," Ji-hoon read aloud, his voice laden with incredulity. He glanced at the others, his expression reflecting the gravity of the situation.

Min-ji, his face etched with concern, nodded in agreement. "We didn't know this. We've been putting ourselves in danger without realizing it."

Sun-woo, who had been silent, finally spoke up. "The bigger the camp, the harder it is to control. We've seen the consequences."

Ji-hoon glanced at Lisa, who had been quietly observing. "That explains why we often see a ruined camp."

Their group's realization hung heavy in the air, but the revelations were far from over. Among the scattered papers, they found a handwritten journal, its pages filled with meticulous observations.

"This journal belonged to Park Hyun-seok," Ji-hoon announced as he began to read aloud from the journal's pages.

"Park Hyun-seok?" Min-ji echoed, furrowing his brows as he glanced at the others.

"He was a journalist in a camp not too far from here," Ji-hoon explained. "And his notes... they're detailed descriptions of the zombies and mutants he encountered."

The group huddled closer as Ji-hoon continued to read, Park Hyun-seok's words providing a chilling account of their shared nightmare. They learned about the various types of zombies and mutants that had plagued their world, their strengths, weaknesses, and the horrors they unleashed.

But as Ji-hoon reached the final entry, the journal took a dark turn, and his voice wavered. "This... this is a plea for help. He mentions a catastrophic event, a zombie wave..."

The survivors exchanged solemn glances, understanding the grim implications. Park Hyun-seok had likely met the same fate as their fallen comrades. His last entry marked the end of his desperate struggle.

"He tried to warn others," Sun-woo said quietly, his eyes reflecting the grim reality of their situation. "And he paid the price."

Their silence lingered, a heavy reminder of the stakes they faced in this unforgiving world. The documents and Park Hyun-seok's journal had become guiding lights for their future, a roadmap to ensure their survival, and a tribute to those who had fallen before them.

Ji-hoon's voice broke through the quiet, resonating with determination. "We have the knowledge now, but we can't stop here. We need to uncover the truth behind the outbreak and these zombie waves. It's the only way we'll ever find peace in this nightmare."

As the group contemplated their next steps, Sun-woo found a quiet moment to step away and establish a secure connection with someone on the outside. With a hidden device, he spoke in hushed tones, sharing the information they had discovered.

Sun-woo's voice dropped to a hushed tone as he spoke to the mysterious contact on the other end of the line. "This changes everything. We must uncover the origin of these waves swiftly, and lives hang in the balance." The voice at the other end replied urgently, hinting at a plan that would draw the survivors further into the enigmatic web of the outbreak's secrets and the shadowy figures connected to the mutant responsible for the devastating zombie waves.