Chapter 8 Arc 1

The survivors were gathered in the makeshift storage area, stacking supplies and preparing them for transport. Sun-woo's betrayal still lingered heavily in the air, casting a shadow of doubt and confusion over the group. They couldn't fathom why he had chosen to side with the Hanseong Siblings, and the unanswered questions gnawed at their trust in one another.

As they carried out their tasks, Ji-hoon tried to maintain an air of leadership and focus, pushing his emotions aside to ensure the safety and well-being of the group. Lisa and Hae-won offered their support, working alongside him and providing a sense of unity that was crucial in these troubled times.

The group had devised a plan to cross a nearby bridge to reach the three brother islands – Shindo, Modo, and Sido. They had heard that these islands were relatively isolated and had the potential to serve as a more secure base. Additionally, they had discussed the possibility of establishing another base on Jeju Island, providing a safety net in case one of their locations was compromised.

Before setting off on this journey, one of their members, Go Iseul, a high school teacher, approached Ji-hoon with a request. He believed he had seen information about the mutants they had encountered in a library before, and he wanted to investigate whether any knowledge there could help them understand these creatures better.

The survivors agreed, understanding the importance of learning more about their enemies. They set out for the library, making their way cautiously through the city's treacherous streets, their eyes scanning for any signs of danger.

Upon reaching the library, they discovered that it had been badly damaged by the chaos of the outbreak. Books were scattered and destroyed, and it was clear that the mutants had rampaged through the once-peaceful sanctuary of knowledge.

Go Iseul's heart sank as he realized that the information he had hoped to find was likely lost forever. The survivors searched the remains of the library but could find nothing of significance. The disappointment weighed heavily on them, a stark reminder of the challenges they faced in their quest for survival.

With heavy hearts and a sense of urgency, the group returned to their makeshift storage area. They had no choice but to continue with their plan to secure the islands and build new bases, despite the setbacks they had encountered. The road ahead was uncertain and perilous, but they were driven by a shared determination to forge a better future in a world that had been irrevocably changed.