Chapter 8 Arc 2

The group settled into an uneasy yet determined discussion, the soldiers recounting their encounters with the relentless hordes and the doctor outlining the challenges they faced in attending to the wounded. Yoon Hae-jin and Seo Joon-ki, the two archer students, exchanged a glance, their resolve etched into the determined set of their jaws.

"We've been fending for ourselves for weeks," the doctor, Kim Soo-jin, spoke up, her voice laced with weariness. "Our medical supplies are dwindling, and we can't hold out much longer without support."

Yoon Hae-jin nodded in agreement, her expression mirroring the doctor's concern. "We can offer our skills with the bow," she added, her voice resolute. "We won't be a burden."

Seo Joon-ki, the quieter of the two students, remained stoic, his gaze locked on the map that lay spread out on the table. "We've seen those ships," he interjected, his voice low yet firm. "They're not going to stop until they've overrun everything."

Ji-hoon absorbed their words, his mind racing as he considered the risks and benefits of welcoming the newcomers into their fold. He met each gaze with a measured intensity, his commitment to the safety of his people resolute and unwavering. "We'll take you in," he finally declared, his voice carrying the weight of his responsibility. "But everyone must pull their weight. We can't afford to carry any dead weight."

A murmur of assent rippled through the room, each member acknowledging the stark reality of their new alliance. With a nod of agreement, Ji-hoon and the rest of the group set to work, integrating the newcomers into their carefully orchestrated defenses. Together, they steeled themselves for the imminent clash that awaited them, a testament to their shared resilience in the face of an unrelenting apocalypse.

We can't stay here," one of the soldiers, Kim Jae-young, asserted. "The ship is closing in fast. We won't survive on our own."

A collective murmur of agreement rippled through the group as they exchanged wary glances, acknowledging the sobering reality that now bound them. In the face of an impending threat, a tentative agreement was reached, solidifying their resolve to stand united against the encroaching darkness.

"We'll join your group," the doctor, Kim Soo-jin, declared, her voice tinged with a blend of apprehension and determination. "We'll fight together. We'll survive together."