Pt 12- The morning after

You woke up, he was no longer next to you in your sleeping bag but you could still smell him there. You'd think you had the best dream ever if you hadn't still been sore from the night before. You could hear the men talking within the camp, beating out plans for the next couple days now that Ghost had turned up unharmed. You throw on some black tight fitted cargos and a olive green long sleeve thermal, your hair in a messy bun before exiting the tent to join the others.
"Good morning everyone!" You call out to them. Alejandro was making something to eat over the fire while price was letting Ghost in on all the current plans and course of action. "You seem like you slept good" soap let out a laugh, you could tell he was feeling better too about Ghosts arrival. Everyone seemed to be in a better mood. Grabbing your rifle to continue looking over the ridge into the bunker in the ravine below, Alejandro hands you a bowl of scrambled eggs with sausage and some veggies. "Take this with you, keep your energy up." You smile and nod before taking off.
After about an hour you hear footsteps behind you, it's Ghost. "Mind if I join you?" He slides into the fox hole without waiting for you to agree. You remain focused on the coming and leaving of trucks, and people walking about unknowing of the crosshairs you place on the nape of their neck. You hear soap and Alejandro doing their rounds around your camp sight and Price has been at camp talking to higher ups who keep changing plans every 10 minutes. As you lie on your stomach on the soft dirt you noticed the behavior of the men below change, they seem distressed. "Ghost take a look down there, do they seem off to you?" He grunts as he pulls himself up to your side of the hole focusing his rifle down below. "Shit. Go report to price, we might need to move in faster than planned." You jump up scrambling to your feet and sprinting to prices tent. "Price something is wrong, the men seem to be packing to leave." Price throws down the radio and calls Alejandro and soap in. "What's up boss?" Soap entered the tent. Price seems stressed. "We move in an hour. You and Ghost will be entering from the right and clearing out as much as you can while Alejandro comes in from the left and takes the asset, and collects as much intel is possible. Y/N you will cover from above and be eyes for everyone." Alejandro looks to you and nods before leaving the tent. "You got this." Soap smiles at you before grabbing his rifle and leaving the tent.

Something about being the eyes of the operation felt too much for you. You are confident in your ability but their lives are in your hands. You rush to tell Ghost the plan. "Ghost You're moving in with soap, I'm covering from here." You were nervous and shaking at the thought. Lost in your panic ghost can see the worry written across your face. He stands and pulls you in for a tight hug, his arms around you felt so safe. "Keep us alive." He says before releasing his grip and walking off to meet with soap. You reposition in the hole watching them all scramble as they try and collect their belongings to move. Time passes and your radio wizzes "moving forward from right flank." It was soaps voice. You grab your radio to update them. "I've got eyes." You see them pushing forward occasionally scoping into their guns to see if there is any resistance. Your radio wizzes again, this time it's Alejandro. "In position." You see him far left in the tree line ready to complete his part of the mission. "Copy." You say aloud. As Ghost and Soap slowly find their way to the base opening you see ghost aim in and fire. 2 guards down by the door, his suppressor canceling any noise to not alarm anyone inside. The people in the base are throwing while filing cabinets into the back of an armored truck while rushing to grab anything else they can get their hands on, it's chaos. Meanwhile Alejandro has successfully infiltrated the back of the camp, He's waiting on my call to proceed. You look back to Ghost and Soap who are branching off from eachother to cover more ground. It is time to finish this.