Pt 14 - Can you hear me?

After tackling 3 men in the second floor hall you begin looking for the room Ghost had last made known as his location. You are panicking, he never came off as touchable before. He always seemed to shave out of harms way no matter the circumstances and now he's injured and bleeding. Just as you begin catching your breath 4 more men run up the stairs behind you, you run into a room a little ways down the hall for cover but unfortunately the room ghost was in is the other way. You will need to take them down to get to him. "Ghost do you copy?" The silence of a buzzing radio was all you received. "GHOST, COPY?" You yell a little this time. Your panting breaths ring in your ears as tears begin to Well up in your eyes. You felt rage, unlike anything you'd ever felt. These fuckers couldn't have taken him away from you, you just got him back? You peek the corner and immediately jolt back as an incoming round hits the door way where your head was seconds ago. There's only 3 out there, where did the fourth go?
You pull the pin on a frag and toss it out the door to the right, two of them couldn't evade the impact but one was still holding the stairwell and another was unaccounted for. You lay down and peek once more. He was hiding just around the corner giving you the opening to rush him, barrel stuffing his cheek and plastering his brain on the wall behind him. "GHOST! FUCK where is 207?" Running down the hall checking all the door numbers you periodically call out his name. After running what felt like forever you find 207, although you wanted to rush in you at least remembered the basics of your training. You heard a pained groan from the inside and the sound of flesh hitting flesh. "Where are the rest of your men located?!" Another hit crashing down "you can.. kiss my ass." Another blow hits.
The enemy's back is to the door leaving him wide open. You creep into the room, ghosts eyes land on you and for a moment you can see the glimmer of hope revitalize behind his dark eyes. "If you're not going to give me any information then you aren't useful." You're 2 feet away from this stranger, your knife gripped tight in your hand, he pulls his pistol from the holster and points it at ghost. Although you were already blinded by rage the adrenaline took over your aching and exhausted body, you quickly grabbed his shoulder and jumped onto his back laying blow after blow into his neck blood covered you from head to toe as he gargled and choked on his final breath. You fall back on your ass dropping the knife beside you and attempting to wipe the blood splatter from your eyes and mouth with the sleeve of your shirt.

Ghost pov:
You hear the faint call of your code name by what you can only assume is an angel. "Ghost!" It called out. The ringing in your ears intensified as the man in front of you took advantage of your weakened state, unable to lift your arms to defend yourself. He held you to the ground and asked you stupid questions that you could only muster smart ass answer to in these moments you considered to potentially be your last. Just as the pain was going to come to an end, the chrome steel pressed against your temple the angel you heard before revealed herself. Her hair was thick and unruly, her skin was glowing, her eyes as they met yours made you feel at home which was a feeling you had long forgotten. You watched her as she crept close to the man hovering over you, happy that this would be the last sight you see in this world. Reality hit you as you realized it was Y/N gnashing her teeth as she murdered this man who was threatening your life just moments ago. You were stunned at the power her tiny frame held and her skill. You stared at her as she fell back breaking heavily after saving your life. You had never been so attracted to a woman in your life, she came for you, murdered for you, the blood splattered all over her petite features was an astonishing contrast.

Y/N POV:
After getting a grip on yourself you look over at Ghost, his eyes were locked on yours like a lost puppy begging to be taken home with you. "You alright?" You stand and walk over to him to assess his wounds. "Not sure, there's a lot of blood." He lifts his shirt to show a wound on his stomach, a bullet hole. "Okay you're gonna be fine. Lay back." You say it with confidence but he had lost a lot of blood. You pull your belt out of its loops and pull his mask up enough to expose his lips, his bottom one was busted and you wanted so badly to kiss it but this wasn't the time. "Bite down." He complied. You retrieve your med kit and douse your hands with rubbing alcohol before digging out the round that was left beneath his skin and patching him up. You radio Price and give him a run down before requesting that Ghost gets airlifted to a medical facility. "Alejandro copy?" The radio remains silent for a moment before he comes through. "We cleared the most of them out, I have the asset here beneath my boot alive and breathing. I think the rest retreated." You were relieved that Soap and Alejandro were okay. You keep ghost company to keep him alert for the medical professionals. "You know, I don't think anyone has ever killed for me." He says as he looks up at you. You smile and you're about to tell him you've never killed for another person in the way you had for him as the sound of a helicopter approaching stopped you. You lugged him to his feet and began helping him out to the evac.