Pt 13 - Stay with me

In a matter of Moments gun fire rings out into the cold air. You see Soap and Ghost firing at the men who have been sweeping the buildings for any missing intel. Watching them drop so suddenly, clearly expecting to have more time to flee before any firepower was going to reach them. You Radio Alejandro giving him the go ahead to enter the main building, he doesn't bother to respond and acts quickly. He has resistance on his side but fortunately it's only a couple men.
Alejandro clears any men on his side proposing an immediate threat when you scope back to Soap and Ghost. The Terrorists have started to swarm them like a wave. You notice a sniper in one of the towers toward the back getting ready to take a shot, you steady your breathing and take him out. "Nice one." Ghost throws a compliment your way. Before you could even feel good about yourself you hear soap on the radio. "They've got me pinned!" You find him in your cross hairs and see a group of 3 men trying to flank him. You kill one with an easy headshot enticing the other two to retreat to the building. "Thanks y/n" soap calls out before proceeding to clear the area. Alejandro successfully made it into the building but unfortunately they knew now there was a sniper so most of the men retreated into the compound. "Soap, Ghost, youll both need to go in there. Alejandro has already infiltrated and I can't cover." They move from their positions and begin to clear the building. You spot another man in the window trying to look for you and place a bullet right between the eyes. "Fuck, there's so many!" Ghost says, his radio picking up a slur of gun fire before going silent. You try your best to hit any of them who aren't steering clear of the windows but are at a loss as far as any additional help.

It seemed like the plan was working out but 15 minutes into the assault the plan had started to unravel. Alejandro was pinned in an office on the 3rd floor with approximately 7-10 men holding the hall and door just waiting for him to make a move. Soap had to pull back outside to flank and try to help him leaving Ghost to handle the rest of these men alone. He was very capable, but you couldn't help but worry. "They may have just called for back up" you hear Alejandro. "Hold tight Soap is on his way to your position." You try to help him relax. You take out 2 More passerby's as they crossed the windows on the 2nd floor towards ghosts last known location. "Help has arrived!" Soap cheers out as he pops a Grenade over the railing of the stairs practically in the laps of the men holding Alejandro down. "Fucks sake!" Alejandro wasn't expecting the explosion but was happy to see that the only 2 survivors were fleeing down the hall away from him. You feel relief wash over you knowing they are both okay. The feeling is short lived though when they get pushed by another group. They are warding off these men as Ghost radios you "I've been hit, I'm not sure how bad it is but." Your heart stops. "What's your location?" Trying to hide the panic in your tone. "Second floor, room 207 on the left. There's a hand full in the hall." You don't hesitate, breaking from the plan which is highly advised against you grab your M4 and rush down as fast as you can. Your heart couldn't bear it, the only man you have ever loved is bleeding out alone and the enemy is just waiting for the inevitable. Love? The thought hadn't crossed your mind before that you might be "in love" but I guess that's what this is. Alejandro and Soap are in no position to help him. You have to do it yourself. You enter the front gates immediately killing 2 men who were trying to flee in the armored car. You felt a fire in you that you couldn't explain, a fury and anger that you never knew was possible. Pushing into the first floor you peek and kill one on the right before turning the flashlight on and stunning 2 more on the left, they threw up their hands and without a thought you put both down. The stair well was something you weren't looking forward to clearing but you needed to get to him. As you cleared the hall a man from one of the rooms rushed out, throwing you against the wall  causing you to drop your gun, hitting you in the face. You felt the blood from your nose trickling over your lips down your chin. It wasn't enough to stop you however, you grab the knife from your thigh sheath during the struggle and in the first opening that became available you lodge it into his neck.
Grabbing your gun and running up the first flight of stairs to the second floor you come across a little more resistance but in a blind rage you took them all down.