Chapter V - Domino Effect or Checkmate?

POV Akira

Tuesday.

After the last interaction with Mika-sensei. I was investigated by teachers about my case, however. Nothing was found. However, something is wrong about this story. My phone... It wasn't returned, they didn't even tell me if I could get it back.

"You're very thoughtful today, Akira-kun." Chie said with a sullen face. "Did you at least hear most of what I said?"

"No." I responded nonchalantly. "It's probably not something interesting."

She pouts at me.

"Look, I know that things about clothes and makeup aren't of interest to men, but still. Couldn't you at least just pretend to be interested?"

"I wasn't born to please anyone, Chie. What you're saying doesn't even make sense." I said dismissively.

As Chie started to mumble next to me, Sae approaches me.

"Akira-kun, do you have a moment?" She asks.

"It depends, what is it about?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Hey! I'm not done yet!" Chie angrily waves her arms in the air like a spoiled child.

"...It's about Akabane-kun's investigation."

"Shinji? What about him?"

"Well, we managed to solve some of the problems but I don't think that's enough to solve the case." She informs me.

"And what does that involve me?" I asked

"Akira-kun..." A small sweat drops on her forehead. "You're in certain troubles too."

"Huh?" I was confused.

"The student council meeting has been moved to tomorrow so we have a little time to worry about you."

Me? I think it's impossible.

"I understand." I closed my eyes lightly and letting out a sigh, I continue. "I'm not going to ask 'What' or 'How' the accusation against me was, but... I can solve this problem myself, just worry about Shinji, I'm sure you can resolve this in a good way."

"But—" Sae tries to say something, but was interrupted by Riku.

"Akira-kun, can we talk for a bit?"

I see, it seems like I won't be able to escape this problem. I'll have to improvise.

"Of course, I wanted to talk to you after class." I lied.

"I see. Could you follow me?" He raises his hands towards the door.

"Of course, lead the way." I said.

Sae tries to grab my shirt sleeve, but I just move away from her as I walk towards Riku who leads the way, making us leave the room.

Noticing that there was no one else in the hallway, he begins to speak.

"What are you going to do about your situation, Akira?" He asks me.

"So you knew Sae would tell me..."

"Yes, and from what I see, you don't look uncomfortable at all."

Well, he's not wrong in thinking that. I already knew that someone would end up stealing my phone in this situation, I was just waiting for the opportunity to happen.

"That's what it seems, but what about you? I'm sure you didn't call me here just to tell me about my 'problem'."

*Tap*