Chapter VI - If one falls, they all fall.

POV Akira

I was in the hallway in the middle of the night, the person in front of me noticed that his plan had failed. Soon, he tries to grab my collar, which makes me bend my upper body while stepping back. I held the phone tightly in my hands.

"Hmph, not bad." He says to me with a mischievous smile. "But are you really sure you have the advantage?"

"Perfectly." I stretched out my hands while holding his phone. "You have no more weapons against me."

You might be wondering, "What the hell happened?" Right? Well, it's a bit complicated to explain but... Let's go back in time so things fit together perfectly.

*****

A few hours ago...

I had my head resting on the table, observing the "situation" of the entire room. Shinji, Hiro and Yato approach me.

"You seem 'fine' to me for someone who became a target between Class C and D." Shinji was the first to say, although it was one of his taunts.

If they knew the rest of the story, their minds would definitely turn upside down.

Yato sighs at Shinji's words and sits next to me.

"Looking at you very clearly, you don't seem worried at all... Not even a little pressured." He said with his head resting in his hands. "Sae was kind of worried about your situation, although I'm sure you already know that."

"Yeah, that's kind of obvious." I answered.

He scratches his head, a little embarrassed and hesitant.

"Well, how can I say..." He looks at Hiro for a moment, making Hiro nod. "Sae was quite persistent with the Class when you refused her help, she really wanted the Class to find some way to help you. Even if it was a witness or an insignificant clue."

Yes, I expected to hear that answer. Although Sae doesn't show it, she really cares a lot about her classmates, including the people she is closest to. Like Chie and me.

Even though I'm a fool when it comes to "Love" or "Romantic Feelings", I can still understand and comprise this kind of concept. The difference is that I can't understand mine.

I understand but... I can't...

I let out an internal sigh.

"What about Chie?" I asked

"Well, she did what she could but..."

"But?" I raised an eyebrow.

"She didn't seem at all concerned about your situation." He frowned before looking at me with half-closed eyes. "Tell me something, you told Chie some details, didn't you? You have a plan, but you only told her, no, even better... You only told her."

"Fufufu~" Hiro starts laughing as he leans against the wall next to me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I feigned ignorance.

He lets out a sigh before standing up.

"I didn't expect you to answer me, after all, I know you have a foolproof plan. Otherwise-" He walks away from us, the hem of his suit starting to fly as he walks. "You wouldn't be so confident."

I didn't expect him to try to draw some conclusions about me, but... It seems like he already doubted that something was wrong about my situation and he has complete confidence that I will get away with it.

"That was something new to see." Shinji said with a crooked smile, making Hiro laugh loudly.

"Haha! I agree, it seems like he's been suspicious of you for some time, Akira-dono."