Chapter VII - Despair

POV Akira

Amazing to imagine that I would have a time of peace. I might even think about it if it weren't...

"So, Akira-kun, which one of these do you prefer?!" Said Chie as she showed me two bras, she was also holding some rather obscene panties. "I didn't know which one of these was your type, so I brought it for you to choose for me!"

I grimaced in disgust, I was leaning on the beach chair, with my back resting against the back of the chair. Riku, next to me, covers his face with his hands in disappointment, perhaps in embarrassment as well.

"...Why do I need to choose? It's not like it matters. Anything suits your body, even a Swimsuit." I responded, resulting in a cat-like growl coming from Chie.

"Of course it matters?! Just pick one!" She extends her arms and raises both hands, making me choose one of the underwear she could wear. "Come on, don't be embarrassed~"

I let out a sigh. "I choose the right."

She smiles mischievously at my response.

"What?" I asked.

"You are very bold, Akira-kun." I was confused. "So you want to see my body exposed?"

"Not really. At least, not in public." I provoked.

"I understand." She pouts before smiling and turning around. "I'm going to meet Sae-chan, don't forget to prepare your swimsuit."

I waved. "Right."

Satisfied, she starts to walk away from us while jumping playfully. I let out a small laugh, leaving Riku a little confused by my expression.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. Just surprised seeing you express yourself. Tell me, what was that laugh?"

"..." I paused for a moment before responding. "Chie tends to be very energetic in spacious environments, especially now, enjoying our summer 'vacation'. It makes me feel freer, you have no idea how clingy she is."

He nods. "I agree. We barely got on the ship and she already spoke more than 5 thousand words." I started laughing. "But and you?"

"Huh?"

"I know you won't participate." He states, referring to the invitation I received from Sae and Chie, convincing me to take a bath in the pool. "May I ask why?"

I shrugged. "Come on, Riku. I'm sure you think the same as me, plus I don't feel like wasting energy."

He sighs at my response. "I know. But it's not like we have anything to do or a meeting scheduled, our schedule is open."

"Tsubaki?" I commented, making his eyes roll in my direction.

"What does she have?"

"That's your reason for being there, right?"

"... I do not know what you're talking about."

"Maybe yes, maybe no..." I crossed my arms, resting my head on my hands and relaxing. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

"..." He takes his phone out of his pocket before putting it back again. "They are coming."

"..." I didn't ask why, I just looked at the horizon. Before hearing footsteps coming towards us. Looking at the eye count, I see Eiichiro, Yato and Shinji.

Shinji waves at me with a mischievous smile. "Yo!"

Eiichiro sits on my right side, he seems curious about this meeting. Including Yato, although his expression tells us he didn't want to be here.