SS - Nightmare

A few years ago...

I was being dragged to my room with my body all screwed up and covered in bruises. It wasn't a surprise to me, after all this wasn't the first time it happened.

*Click*

"Room 121 is open, put the boy inside the room and lock the door and be careful..." He raises his index finger and touches the chest of the security guard who was dragging me. "...He is dangerous."

"He doesn't seem that dangerous to me." The security guard stated, before grabbing me by the collar and throwing my limp body on the floor.

"Don't get confused. Didn't you see the experiments the doctor did on them?" Said the leader while frowning.

"I saw it, but in this state he doesn't seem dangerous at all." He replied before closing the door and locking the door, leaving me 'alone' in the room.

"...Hahh." I sighed before lifting my upper body as my body writhed in pain. "Well... It wasn't that bad."

Even though my body feels an absolute amount of pain, my psychology prevents me from believing that I am feeling pain. Physically I'm in pain, psychologically I'm not. As I monologued, I heard a sweet, faint voice behind me.

"You passed the test... Didn't you?" I turned to look at the person who spoke to me, it was a 7 year old girl with chest length black hair and green eyes. "It seems so to me."

I tilted my body while trying to cross my legs, making me sit on the floor with my back hunched forward.

"Yes, but I failed at the same time." I answered.

She laughs at my answer. "You like to play hard to get, don't you?"

"..."

"I know you're not trying."

"..."

"You know they'll use you if they know you're the best in our rankings... Or in the records, who cares? Either way. You know you can't run away from yourself, you want the same thing as anyone trapped in this place."

For the first time, I lift my head to look at her. As soon as I make contact with her, I say:

"Why do you think that?" I asked.

"Well... Isn't that obvious? Who would want to live in a place like that?"

"I neither like nor dislike this place." As soon as I respond, she looks at me in disbelief at my words. "What?"

"You... Never wanted to leave this place?"

"No... I've thought about that but-"

"-Can't get out of this place. Yes, I've heard that before." She interrupts me, but seems to have understood me perfectly.

"However, it is not impossible to escape."

"Do you have any plans?" I asked, curious.

"Unfortunately not." She shrugged to look at me with a smile on her face. "But I believe you are waiting for some kind of sign."

"...?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Heh~ I mean you have someone helping you from the shadows, I believe it's Lotus, right?"

"..." I did not answer.

"I see. All is not lost it seems." She gets down on all fours and starts crawling towards me. "You know... Aki, I really have feelings for you..."

"..." I just watch her as she approaches me.

"I love you." She smiles at me.

"This is a lie." I responded, directly.