Wooyoung | 🗝⏳

˚     ˚        .  .

It's different this time

 ˚     ˚        .  .

My mind has gone completely blank. Who am I? Where am I? I want to run away.
Will I fail again? When I was practicing and dancing alone, I was pretty confident! My practice video on social media had reached over 100,000 views. Many people contacted me and even big entertainment companies offered me to audition for them. But once I felt their look towards me, I just couldn't move. I closed my eyes trying to escape, and then Seonghwa's voice popped into my head.

"Wooyoung, before you start performing on stage, remember these three things!"

"Everything will be okay!"

"Believe in yourself!"

"You can do it!"

"He will be too nervous to remember THREE things! What kind of psychology book did you read?"

"Yunho, are you making fun of Seonghwa again? But hey Wooyoung, believing in you is the key."

Hongjoong is always good at putting everything into perspective. A smile crept on my face. I felt their presence even though they were nowhere to be seen. I felt the energy back on my feet.
I had a habit of constantly chatting to overcome stage fright and I practiced laughing to hide my shyness. It was a defense mechanism of mine to focus. I didn't care even when others made fun of it. But that only lasts for a minute, once I became aware of their scrutinizing eyes, my body just froze. The first time I met Hongjoong, Seonghwa and Yunho were at the street performance. I could see they had something I didn't have: Expressiveness beyond dance techniques and showmanship that captivated the audience. When I danced with them, I wasn't self-conscious and was able to deliver my best performances.
My legs are tense. The first step the step that I was never able to do, the chain that was tying my body, was magically released.