The plan. | Chapter 5

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦
Wake up,
Wake up world.
Are you there?
It's time.

Lies
Control
Rules
Numb
Hatred
Emptiness
Selfishness, lies, surveillance
Control, repression, rules
Numb, emptiness, contradict
Selfishness, betray
are you seeing this?
Surveillance, cruelty
eyes in the sky.

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦

A loud alarm sound echoed in the plazas, streets, schools, and buildings. The Guardians monitoring people from everywhere were the first to respond to the sound. People walking on the street, office workers doing their business, and students studying, all stopped what they were doing, got up, and turned to the highest monitor. Looking down from the sky, the whole world looked like a well-made set. People with blank faces, well-organized roads, and buildings. A pretty and neat world, but there was no life in it. In the middle of the cold, dull buildings surrounded by stiff, mannequin-like people a mellifluous voice echoed.

Z: "A perfect world. Being perfect, our world is safe. A small error is a crack, and a crack leads to pain. Pain, pain is an unnecessary emotion and a negative element in life. We want to protect you all."

From the streets, companies, schools, and plazas, Z's roaring voice came out of the speaker. A yellow light lit up next to the ears of people listening with dry faces and blinking their eyes. Looking closely, it was the light from a small chip stuck under their ear.

Z: "A world without cracks is always beautiful. You, living your life in your position are the world itself. Do not doubt yourself. You are always right. We are right because you are right.
Smiles spread on people's faces. But no one's eyes were smiling. It was just the facial muscles that moved like a machine that obeyed commands."

Z: "Keep that in mind. The government works for you. The government is committed to you. All of this... is for you."
At the end of Z's words, the crowd clapped their hands altogether and cheered.

"Z! Z! Z! Z!"

At that point when the voices of people shouting for Z overflowed the world, music began to play out of nowhere with a crackling noise from the speaker. Soon after, along with the sound from the megaphone, Z's voice was swallowed up by the gradually increasing sound of the music, and the yellow light that flashed next to people's ears faded away. The Guardians who stood among the crowd began to look around as if they were looking for someone. For the first time, the feeling of 'confusion' crossed the faces of those who were puzzled by the sound of the song.
When the man standing in the plaza, feeling somebody's presence, looked to the left. Hongjoong, wearing a black fedora, smiled at him. The man didn't know Hongjoong, but unknowingly spit his name out of his mouth

"A... TEEZ...?"

"Look, once you see us, you can never forget us."
Said Mingi, who appeared to the man's right.

The man's eyes lit up with life. Then Mingi threw something from his hand to the man. The man who reflectively received the object, flying in an arc, opened his hand. It was a small square-shaped machine. Inside the machine was written in small letters.

'There is a chip under your ear. Let the breaker touch the chip.'

In the middle of the street appeared Wooyoung and Yeosang, on top of the building Seonghwa and San, and in the school Yunho and Jongho. To the music, ATEEZ started dancing. People who first looked blankly at it began to shake their bodies unconsciously in response to the music. The Black Pirates began spreading flyers in the sky and handing out breakers on the ground. People picked up the flyers and read them.