Jongho | 🗝⏳

˚     ˚        .  .

I had it all planned

 ˚     ˚        .  .

I had it all planned: Winning Nationals, being player of the year, and the youngest national basketball player... I had no other plans in my life than this one. On the first day of this injury, I was only thinking of quickly rehabilitating and getting back on the field. But, now I can't play basketball anymore.

"Then what do I do now? I can't do anything but basketball!"

"Let me play basketball, I'll do anything!"

I begged the doctor but it didn't work.
I felt like I was drowning. No matter how hard I tried, I was still stuck in the exact same spot. As the time went by, I just tried to keep myself from drowning, just barely holding up. Is it okay to live like this? I know I can't! But the moment I gave up playing basketball, everything inside of me was lifeless, as good as being dead.

That lifeless look, before Yunho grabbing my hand, looked so much like me. My hand is throbbing from the pain.  Mingi clearly saw the fist coming his way but didn't try to avoid it. His lifeless eyes are still haunting me. When Mingi said he would quit, that our dream was a luxury, and that the time we spent together meant nothing to him, I couldn't stand but to punch him. Funnily enough, it was a heartbreaking moment for me, but also the time I started to dream again.

At that time, I didn't know how to reach out to a lost Mingi.

Where are we, where should we go?