Prestige Academy | Chapter 6

With his anxious face hoping that the members might help, the boy said

"Prestige Academy."
Yunho smirked.

"That's perfect. We were planning to go there, too."

Prestige academy. Boasting smooth, slippery walls like that of a spaceship, its curved buildings form an enormous circle enclosing a large quad in its center. When looked at from the sky, it appears as a fortress with buildings built tightly together like walls blocking outsiders from entering. And in truth, for an outsider entering this place is no easy task. After checking your entry ID at the main gate, you must pass through numerous inspection stations to finally enter. In a way, it's a system similar to that of the immigration offices used to move between countries in World A. While only a school, security is kept strict as only the most distinguished talents of World Z can attend the illustrious academy.

In this world, children are required to undergo various tests at a state-certified hospital within six months of birth. After six months of age, a child's natural temperament and talents reveal themselves and it is considered the parents' obligation to nurture their children according to their innate growth potential. The children who have been identified as 'talented' are able to enter Prestige Academy and are then placed in one of five classes depending on the results of their entrance examination.

Class 1 is raised to work in the government. They are the ones who will be responsible for researching and implementing systems for better efficiency and control of society in the future.

Class 2, which includes future Guardians, is trained to control people and punish those who defy control according to government guidelines.

Class 3 is taught to classify new humans following the system, and then educate them accordingly.

Class 4 is fostered to handle various tasks necessary for human survival. For example: overseeing new energy exchanges, charging control chips, or the supply and manufacturing of essential energy.

Class 5 is in charge of city management, sanitization, and organization, and therefore receive an education reflective of such.
The children enrolled in Prestige Academy are educated and trained in these five classes before being aptly deployed throughout society after graduation.

Their promise to save the boy's older brother aside, as a key pillar supporting the systems of this society, Prestige Academy as the ideal target. By awakening the many children being raised there, World Z's ruling class would be damaged from within - they could shake the system from its roots.

Dressed in security uniforms, Mingi and Wooyoung lead a group of freshmen who had just entered the school. With the help of hacking by Left Eye, xikers and the Black Pirates, the members were able to sneak into the school in disguise and scattered throughout the complex, each performing their own roles. Mingi and Wooyoung, who infiltrated the academy's security workforce, were acting as entrance guards after having divided freshmen into their respective classes to avoid suspicion from Guardians and other security teams. Although they couldn't talk to each other, as they had to pretend to have no emotions, the two exchanged glances without anyone noticing, comforting each other's nerves.

Just then, the boy's brother, who they recognized from a photo shared to them by the boy, stopped in front of Mingi. Mingi let him pass, but was quick to send a signal to the group, tapping a transmitter on his waist before the next student came.

"He just entered the school."

Receiving the signal, Wooyoung chased after the boy's brother with his eyes. His uneasiness was clear even from just his steps. Through the transmitter hung at his belt, Wooyoung sent a signal to the group as well: