steps pt.1

july 2nd.

Serenity left me to do someone's hair. Im offended. She said it was gonna be a while, so I called my uncle to see what was doing and he told me to come over.

"Who is that on your Home Screen nephew?" He asked.

How he see my homescreen? I looked down at my phone seeing it was open. All the way open.

It was one of the many pictures Serenity took on my phone of both of us.

"My.... Fiancé." I laughed.

"My nephew is getting married?" He smiled.

I nodded. "Yeah, you invited to the wedding."

"Was that a doubt? Let me meet the young lady, or tell me about her." He leaned back and everything.

I scratched the back of my neck.

"Uhm.. her name serenity imani rose. Her birthday is august sixth. She's Cuban, Jamaican and a little Puerto rican. She loves animals, and music. She can play the piano, but doesn't like too. She'll rather listen. She was born in Texas but her mom was born in Puerto Rico, and her dad was born in cali. She's an only child. She super nice and pretty. The twins love her cause she love kids. Mom and dad do too. I get on her nerves but she patient with me. She so fire at painting, and really anything. I just found out she can do hair too. Uhhh.... Ion know what else." I answered to the best of my ability.

I hate describing people to people because what the hell exactly do I say?

"Nice. When y'all meet?"

"August fifteenth. Two years ago."

I eyed the squirrel climbing up the tree because it was being so loud for no reason.

"I want to meet her. That's her name on your bracelet too?" He chuckled.

I looked at my wrist smiling. I be forgetting it's right there because I never take it off. It's the bracelet I asked her to make for me a while ago, one I stole off her dresser, and the other she made as a joke thinking I really wasn't going to wear her name.

"Today?"

He shrugged. "I'm free all day. Ya aunt out with her friends and you know how girls be."

I laughed shaking my head.

"I'll see what she doing."

We spent the next couple of hours talking about life before getting some sonic. Serenity texted me telling me she was done.

in the car

"Omg. The girls hair I did, she had a tattoo and I was like omg, I want a tattoo! So now I want a small tattoo. You think it would be cute?" She asked smiling while clicking the seat belt in.

I nodded putting my hand on her thigh and started driving.

"Where you want it?" I asked.

"Behind my ear, or... my wrist.. or actually, on my waist."

I smiled looking in her direction. She's in her hyper mood where she just talks and talks about nothing or literally everything. I love it though because she so happy.

"That would be fire. What's the tat gonna be?"

"Omg, you right." She frowned before going back to that beautiful smile. "You pick!"

I feel like she wouldn't ever get a big ass tattoo, so one of them small ones?

"A angel number, ya zodiac symbol thing, a small rose, a crown, or like imani for you and your mom." I suggested.