still?

janaury 14th.

"Are you and Serenity still a thing?" The interviewer for the magazine asked Travis.

He squinted his eyes at the question. "We always gonna be a thing."

The question offended him and the interviewer could tell. The vibe quickly became awkward.

The dusty blonde-haired man pushed his glasses back. "Why did you two end things a couple years back?"

He leaned back trying to keep composure and just answer the question so everything could be over with.

"Cause we were just starting our careers, and everything was changing so fast. We spent less and less time together and it was too crazy to keep up. No, we never stopped talking and she still my baby."

"You two were seen on a subway date after her fashion show just nine days ago. How was that?" He asked.

Travis looked at his ring finger that had the letter S with a little heart next to it. His mind now clouded of the night they got secretly married.

Why would they do this? Because they were young, in love, and impulsive. Neither of them regret it though.

His rodeo tour was truly a rodeo.

He chuckled. "So what was the point of asking if we was still a thing?"

Tmz and other blogs posted the two walking around the city, sharing a turkey footlong and a bag of Doritos.

She got hungry and he wanted subway.

They were just two married best friends with benefits, who wanted to walk and talk in peace.

But now he really wanted to be done. One, he was irritated, two, he felt he overshared, three, it was boring as hell to him.

The interviewer nodded contempt with his answer. This could potentially raise his pay which he desperately needed so he could pay for his gambling addiction.

"Are you proud of the success of your sophomore album, birds?"

Travis smiled to himself. "Of course I am. Ready to tour too."

A couple more questions and he was free to go. He couldn't get his mind off of serenity though. They haven't saw each other in a whole week which really was a lot.

Some nights they face timed, some nights they couldn't. He was busy trying to set up his tour, make new songs, and start on his documentary while she was trying to balance the multiple  meetings about her brand and everything else under the sun.

So he just called her while he was in the car on the way to his hotel.

She answered it immediately since she was already actively on her phone.

"Hey bear bear!"

He smiled seeing her wearing his custom supreme hoodie he left over her house like two months ago.

"Wassup baby. Whachu doing on Friday?" He asked knowing he had nothing to do that day as of now.

She thought about it. "Mmm, I got a hair appointment in the morning."

"Cool," he said lowly, getting distracted by the skyline. "What state you finna be in?"

"Boy, I only get my hair done in Houston."

He lightly laughed knowing exactly who she was going to. "That mean ahh lady. I hope she fall."

Serenity gasped. "No, please don't say that! She didn't even do anything that serious for you to be so mean to her!"

"She deadass told me I look like someone off a Tyler Perry movie. Then proceeded to laugh at me when I fell hard as fuck on some water. I should sue her ass."

The lady was Serenity's hair stylist since she was seventeen. One time, he came with her to get her hair done at nighttime. Everything was going well  until the movie comment, and when she asked him to grab the comb where Ren just got her hair washed. Somehow, he slipped on some water on the way there, and she started laughing.

"I laughed too, J. She apologized to you! Plus, she could pass away if she fell like that." She frowned.

"Yeah, but you asked if I was okay before laughing. She fucking laughed immediately. Couldn't even say ow first." He said shaking his head.

Serenity bit the inside of her cheek remembering she did in fact laugh immediately.

"Okay, I wouldn't like her either, but take the fall back please."

Because she actually did fall once, and had to be escorted by an ambulance.

"I ain't say die, ren. I just think a lil slip and slide wouldn't hurt. I mean, I fall all the time."

"Yeah, but you're young. She's old and could die! She has grandkids, a husband, and needs to do my hair." She huffed.

"She pushing ninety. Ion even know why she still even do yo big headed—

"Shut up," she mugged seriously before they both started laughing. "And she is not anywhere near that."

He raised his eyebrows up. "Shit. News to me."

Once he got to his hotel room, they talked about anything and everything that came to their mind until she got tied.

"I wish you was here mama." He said to himself as he sat out on the balcony, rolling up, and watching his favorite person fall asleep.

They agreed on both going back to Texas on Friday.