Chapter 1

"EM, YOU GOT MAIL!" My best friend Liz yelled across our shared apartment. I got up and walked out to the kitchen where she had been. She handed me an envelope and I looked at it for a moment. "Were you expecting something?" She asked me. "Well, hopefully this is what will tell me if I've gotten the job that could actually take my career places." I said. "Oh? What is it?" She asked whole intrigued. "Some popular band is going on tour, and they need a new photographer." I said. "What band!?" She asked. "I don't know. They dint day unless you get the job. Otherwise, they'd have crazed fans trying to get the job." I said. "Sounds a little suspicious." She said. "Yeah, I don't know." I said as I shrugged. "Well, what are you waiting for!? Come on, open it!" She said. I laughed and ripped open the envelope.

Dear Ms. Wright,

      We are very excited to welcome you to our touring team. Your portfolio was absolutely beautiful. If you are still interested in the job. Please email me, i will put my contact info at the end of this letter. I, as the bands manager, will help you settle in and get to know the whole team.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yelled. "No way! You're joking!" Liz yelled back, already knowing what I was about to say. "I GOT THE JOB!" We both screamed and jumped around. Liz hugged me tightly. As soon as we pulled apart, I looked at her as if questioning if this was real. "MY BEST FRIEND IS ABOUT TO BE GOING ON TOUR WITH A FAMOUS BAND!!!!" I laughed at how excited she was for me. I don't understand how this is possible. Like how in the world would a nobody like me get picked for a job like this.

*That Night*

I spent a good few hours talking back and forth with their manager Jamie, who seems like a very nice guy. But it looks like we're staring off this tour in less than 2 weeks. We've been going over all the rules and things that I need to follow, but there really weren't many. All that is really asked of me is that I get at least 4 pictures of each band member each night and a few backstage pictures. I'm flying out to California for the first night of the tour here in about a week. The whole crew is already out there, so I'm just going to be joining them next week. Jamie told me all about this band. They are called The 1975. I've never heard of them, but according to Liz, they are this HUGE band. I'm honestly pretty glad I don't know who they are. If I did, I'd probably end up being super starstruck.

*That Next Week*

I looked at my bags and took a deep breath. This is about to be it. The thing that will do the best for my career, and will help me make money for my best friend and I. I can't believe this is really happening. "Are you excited?" Liz asked me. "I am, but also completely terrified." I said with a small chuckle. "This is gonna be so amazing. And you better call me every night with details. I'll stay up extra late just to talk to you." She said. I hugged her. "All right, I've set my alarm for 2:45. We need to leave here for the airport by 3. Are you sure you're okay to take me?" I asked her. "Of course. Just wake me up like 5 minutes before we leave, and I'll be good." She said.

I went to my room and laid in my bed, and I got to sleep as soon as I possibly could.

*2:45 AM*

I fixed my hair, and then I changed into a comfortable cropped long sleeve top and a pair of baggy jeans. I slipped my shoes on. After I was ready, I went and woke Liz up. Then, as I waited for her to get out of bed, I made her and I both coffee. As she walked out sleepily, she smiled when Sue saw the coffee. "Oh, thank god." She said, making me laugh. "All right, ready to go?" She asked. I nodded. We walked out to her car, and I put my bags in the trunk, then I got in the passenger seat.

(A/n: Hey, so I know this chapter was a little short, but I promise you I'll be making another chapter here soon, and it'll be longer.)