Chapter 31

(TW: Mentions of abuse, r@pe and sexual assault)

*this takes place a few weeks after the last chapter btw*

"YOURE AN ASSHOLE! YOU KNOW THAT!?" I heard Liz scream. What the fuck? "I don't care about your bullshit excuses. She didn't deserve that!" She said. "You better man the fuck up and tell her, because I sure as hell am not gonna be the one to tell her!" She continued. "Don't fucking lie to her either when it come out!" She said. I knocked on her bedroom door then opened it. "Is everything okay?" I asked. "Everythings fine." She said to me. She then brought her focus back to whoever was on the phone. "You have the rest of today to tell her." She said. She pulled the phone away from her ear and hung up.

"What was that about?" I asked. "It was nothing." She said to me. "It was clearly something." I said. "Don't worry about it." She said. I checked the time and saw I had a few messages. The last time I had messages like this was when the whole thing happened when Matty kissed someone else.

It hit me.

"Liz, who was on the phone?" I asked. "No one." She said. "Don't lie to me." I said. I opened my phone and went to Instagram. "No don't-" She said. But it was too late. The first post on my page. It said it all.

"Ember -" "No, how did you find out?" I asked. "Adam called me. He said he found out, and he wanted to make sure you were okay, but he didn't want to ask you in case you didn't know yet." She said. "How long did you know about this?" I asked. "Just since last night. After you went to sleep." She said to me. "It's gotta be some mistake, right?" I asked her. "I-I don't know." She said. "So that was him on the phone?" I asked. She nodded. "I can't believe this." I said. "It'll be okay." She said. "How will this be okay!? This is something I've tried to hide for years. I hadn't even told Matty." I said.

She stayed quiet. "Why now? Why of all times? Why would he do this now?" I asked. "I don't know." She said. "I-I need some air." I said, feeling my breathing become thinner and my hands starting to shake. "Ember, let me come with you." She said. "N-no. I need to he alone." I said. I slipped my shoes on and stepped outside, and began walking. Where was I walking to? I don't know. My anxiety was so high that my head was spinning. The next thing I knew, I found myself at a liquor store.

I walked in and bought the one thing I had promised myself I'd stop. I never had an addiction to hard drugs, weed, and cigarettes, I never liked those things. And I was never an alcoholic either. But there was only one thing that had helped with my anxiety all those years ago. I took a breath, not knowing if this was a good idea. But I let my anxiety win. Of course I did.

I took a long hit from the vape I had just bought. After about 5 minutes of using what was meant as stress and anxiety relief, I started to calm down a little.

I sat there scrolling through instagram. It was covered in the pictures I thought no one would see. More than one thing. It was all the photos and videos I used as evidence to get my ex-boyfriend put behind bars.

The bloody noses, the black eyes, but what was the worst, the video he had taken, I had been out of it, I couldn't help myself, I was stuck, with him, not stopping. No matter how much I begged and pleaded. He didn't stop.

I got a call from Liz. I let it ring, then go to voice-mail. She continued calling, and I continued ignoring. I then started getting calls from my mom, CJ, and Matt. But it only really hit me when I got calls from George. Adam, Ross, and Matty.

Matty

He knew

Everyone knew

Everyone knew what I had tried too hard to keep hidden. I was pretty much an open book, but this was the one thing I had hoped no one would find out about.

I looked down at my hand seeing the vape, but then it hit me, the baby. "FUCK!" I yelled before throwing the vape across the street. As it hit the ground I heard it break apart. "I'm so sorry, my sweet baby girl, or boy." I said as I looked down at my stomach.

I can't do anything right.

I can't keep this hidden, and I can't even stop myself from doing the things that could harm my child.

My phone was still ringing, and I didn't wanna answer. If I answered Liz, she wouldn't leave me alone till I would tell her where I am, if I answered my mom or Matt, or CJ, they would just try to tell me it'll be okay, if I answer the boys they will try to calm me down but it wouldn't do much, and Matty, if I answered Matty, I knew I would break down. I couldn't handle that right now.

I felt as if my heart was in my throat, and my stomach was at my feet. Why did this have to happen. Just as I felt life was perfect.

I sat there in the cold weather. My heart racing, hands shaking, breath unsteady.