Chapter 45

*2 weeks later*

Matty and I sat in our bed, and I just felt completely content. "Shit." I cussed as I felt a sharp pain. "What? Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. It just false contractions again." I said. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me, and I nodded. "Im gonna get some water."

*Bit more of time goes by*

As I'm walking back into the room, I feel a warmth spread down my legs. "What the fuck?" I said. I looked down, seeing my sweatpants had been soaked. "Oh shit..." I said, knowing what this meant. "Babe?" I questioned. "Yes, love?" I heard. "My water just broke." I said. I heard him jump up, and he ran to me. "Oh shit." He said. I tried not to panic. "I need to change, and then we need to get to the hospital." I said. He nodded. I walked back into our room, and Matty cleaned the floor. "Did I hear you correctly? Your water broke?!" Liz asked. I nodded. "Oh my god!" She said. "Wait half on, you're still 6 weeks from your due date." She said.

Then it hit me.

Oh shit...

"Okay, love. Let's go." Matty said. "Shit!" I said as another contraction went through my body. "Well, meet you at the hospital." Liz said.

*in the hospital*

"You're still not fully dilated. So just try to relax." The nurse said. "Okay." I said softly. I reached over and held Matty's hand. I could tell he was stressed. "You okay?" I asked. "I'm scared. For so many reasons." He said. "You aren't supposed to be going birth for another month and a half. There could be so many problems." He said. "I know." I said. I looked at him, and I knew that wasn't the only thing worrying him. "What's going on?" I asked him. "It's nothing." He said. "Matty, don't lie to me. Talk to me." I said. "Seriously, it's nothing." He said. "Babe..." I said.

"I just, I'm not ready to be a dad. I'm fucking terrified. I don't wanna mess up with our little girl. I used to hate kids you know? But then I saw hunter and the connection you had with him. I didn't hate kids after that. But I'm so scared ill mess up with her. I don't want to. I want to make her life perfect. But I can't promise her that." He said. "Hey, you don't need to promise perfection. You just need to promise you'll try." I said. "I'm so scared I'll mess our kid up." He said. "You won't." I said. He shook his head. "You don't know that." He said.

"Babe, you're gonna be an amazing dad. I promise you that. I see how much you already love her, and she isn't even born yet." I said. "What if I'm holding her, and I drop her? Or what if I sleep through her crying? Or if I forget to change her diaper. Or what if I-" I cut him off. "Stop, stop worrying about things that you don't know will happen. It's gonna take time, but we will get used to it." I said. "I just want to be the best dad to her. She deserves it." He said. "And you will be." I said with a smile.

*Later*

"And you are fully dilated. It's time to start pushing." The doctor says. I got positioned, and I knew it was about to start, and I was terrified. Matty grabbed my hand. "You've got this love." He said before kissing my head. "I'm sorry now in advance. I'm not gonna be able to control what I say."

*2 hours later*

Sweet baby girls cries were heard, and she was placed against my chest before being cleaned off. But I didn't get much time before they took her away. "Wh-where are they taking her?" I asked the nurse. "It's procedure for preminature babies." She said. I looked over at Matty, and his eyes didn't leave the door to the connected room. He was impatiently waiting for the doctor to come back in with our little girl.

"Is she okay?" Matty asked. "Im sure she is fine. The doctor will be back in just a moment." She said before she walked out. "I don't get it. Where did they take her?" Matty asked, getting very protective over her. I reached over and grabbed his hand. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." I said.

*few minutes later*

The doctor walked back in, and Matty immediately tensed when he noticed that our daughter had not been with him. "Where is she?" He asked. "Calm down. She's okay. Right now, she is getting cleaned up, and then she will be brought right back in here." He said. "I-is she okay?" I asked. "Well, she's very well developed for a baby born 6 weeks early. But she is still going to have to be watched over forbanfew days." He said. I took a deep breath. "It more or less to monitor her for a few days before you bring her home." He said.

There was a knock on the door. "We've brought you a new addition." We heard. Immediately, Matty jumped up. "Mom, would you like to hold her?" The nurse asked me. "Babe, why don't you take her." I said to Matty with a smile. As much as I wanted to hold her, I had already done so, and Matty hadn't. "Can i?" He asked the nurse. She smiled and passed our daughter off to him. He looked down at her with the most loving eyes. "Hi, sweet girl." He whispered with a wide smile. "You're the most precious thing on this planet." I smiled at the man in front of me.

He looked at me, and he had tears forming in his eyes. "Babe." I said softly. "She's so perfect." He said. "How did we make something so perfect?" He asked. I smiled at him. "You wanna hold her love?" He asked me. "I would love to." I said softly. He handed her to me, and immediately I felt all worry disappear. He was right. She is perfect.

*Little bit later*

"You should go get everyone." I said softly to Matty. "Okay." He said. He kissed my head, then kissed out daughters.

*Matty's POV*

I walk out of the room and see Angela, Matt, CJ, and Hunter. "Where is George and Liz?" I asked. "Liz's water broke." Angela said. "Wait what!?" I asked. "Yeah, looks like both babies are gonna be even closer in age." She said.