Chapter 35

Today is the appointment. Matty and I walked in, and I smiled at the nurse. "How have you been doing?" She asked me. "Good." I said. "And I'm assuming this is the father?" She asked me. "Yeah." I said softly. "Alright, well, you know the drill." She said to me. I nodded.

She put the gel on my stomach and then began the ultrasound. Matty held my hand as we both watched the small screen. "You've got one healthy looking baby." She said. I smiled and looked over at Matty, and he had his eyes locked on the screen. I smiled at his reaction. "Okay, perfect. Now, let's check the heartbeat." She said.

As the baby's heartbeat was able to be heard, I looked over at Matty. His eyes got glossy, causing me to get emotional.

*After the appointment*

We got in my car, and Matty looked at me. "That was... wow." He said, making me laugh slightly. "It's all becoming so real." He said. "I know." I replied. "I can't even comprehend this." He said. His eyes got glossy again. "Oh babe." I said. He looked at me with his glossy eyes. "Don't cryyyyy! You're going to make me cry." I said, shoving him slightly, and ge laughed. A tear rolled down his cheek, and he quickly wiped it away. "Fuckkk." He said, and he dragged his hands down his face. "I can't believe this is real." He said.

I looked at him and smiled. "You okay over there softy?" I asked. He laughed. "This is just crazy." He said. I smiled at the emotion that had been rare coming from him. "There's a little human growing inside of you that we made. How is this possible?" He asked. I giggled slightly. "I love our little human." I said with a small chuckle. "Me too." He said.

*TIME SKIPPPP*

Here we are, it's Christmas, I was in my room, and I had started putting together the boxes for my family.

For CJ, I have this sweater that says "Cool uncles club" and then a card, on the front of it says, "What's an uncle?" And then the back says, "You, you're an uncle."

I thought it was just a super simple and cute idea.

Then for my parents, inside the box, in the very center, it's a onesie that says, "See you in June!" And then on each side of it, there's a mug. One says Grandma, and one says Grandpa.

I put a picture of the ultrasound in both of the boxes. Then, I placed an extra positive test in my parents' box. I then smiled at the finished product.

Matty walked into the room and smiled at me. He gave me a gentle side hug as we both looked down at the boxes. "You ready?" He asked me. "Yeah. You?" I questioned. "Yeah." He said.

*At my parents' house*

We had a big get-together with everyone. Liz and Hunter, Kimber, the boys, my aunts and uncles... all of us.

"Mom, Matt, CJ... Matty and I have a gift for you guys." I said. "Ember, we said no gifts!" My mom said. "Yeah, well, this ome was too good." I said with a smile before I looked at Matty. I got them all to sit on the couch, and I handed CJ his bo, and then I handed Matt his and my mom's box.

They opened the boxes, and I squeezed Matty's hand out of excitement.

"Sur the fuck up!" CJ said making me laugh. He jumped up and hugged me. "Congrats, sis." He said, making me smile.

I looked over at my mom. Her and Matt were both stunned. "Oh my god." She jumped up and ran to me, pulling me into a hug. She pulled away for a moment, and pulled Matty in to join the hug. "This is amazing you guys." She said happily. Matt got up and congratulated us both, and he hugged me. "I hope you're okay with being called Grandpa." I said. "I'm honored." He said with a smile.

"IM HAVING TWO GRANDBABIES SO CLOSE TO THE SAME TIME!" My mom yelled, making Matty, Liz, and I all laugh.

My mom then hugged me and Liz. "Awe, my two beautiful pregnant daughters." She said to us. I could tell how much it meant to Liz that my mom called her, her daughter. Even though my mom has basically always called her that, it still means the world to her when she hears it. "When's your due dates?" My mom asked us. "Mines May 23rd." Liz said. "And mine is June 2nd." I said. "A whole 10 days apart." Liz added. My mom walked over to Matty and hugged him again. "How are you doing with all of this sweetheart?" She asked. "I'm beyond excited." He said. "You two are gonna make a cute little baby." She said, making me laugh.