Chapter 14

"Okay, mom, Matty's here. I'm going to go see him real quick, and then I'll be right back." I said. "Sounds good." She said. I left the basement room of the venue, and I went to where Matty had been. "Wow, you look beautiful." Matty said as I walked over to him. I smiled and hugged him. "You don't look too bad yourself." I said, making him smile. "Thank you again for getting the cake. I don't know what we would've done without you." I said. "Ember, you made it!" I heard. I turned around seeing my younger brother. "Hey!" I said. He walked over and hugged me.

"Oh uh, Matty, this is my little brother CJ. CJ, This is matty." I said. "Ah, the Rockstar boyfriend." CJ said, making me laugh slightly. "Seems like you and mom have a type... famous guys." He said, making me laugh harder. "How's mom doing?" CJ asked me. "She's good. Surprisingly she's not stressing the fuck out." I said. "Are you sure we're talking about the same mom?" He asked. I then looked at my phone quickly. "Shit, okay, I've got to go. The wedding is about to start." I said. I kissed Matty's cheek and then gave my brother a side hug before running back down to my mom. "All right, are we about ready?" I asked. "Yeah." My mom said as she let out a sigh. "Did you see Matt at all?" She asked me. "No, im not sure where he was." I said.

*The Wedding*

As we were waiting for my mom to walk down the aisle, I looked forward seeing Matt. He was smiling widely. Just then, my mom appeared. I saw Matt's eyes get glossy. I'm so happy for them. My mom made it to the alter, and she handed me her flowers as she stood there. She held hands with Matt.

*After*

After they were officially married, we all cheered. I then decided to find Matty before walking around and talking to everyone.

"Hey, love." Matty said. I smiled and hugged him after I wiped the few stray tears on my cheeks. "You doing all right?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm happy for them." I said. As we pulled apart, I looked to him with a smile. "All right, come on, you've gotta meet everyone!" I said. He smiled, and I held his hand as I pulled him to follow me.

We walked forward to the newlyweds. "Mommmmm." I said with a smile. "Oh!" My mom said as she realized Matty was with me. I quickly hugged my mom, then Matt. "Ummm, mom, Matt, this is my boyfriend, Matty." I said with a smile. "Oh, it's so nice to meet you, darling." My mom said before bringing Matty into a hug. "Congrats, by the way." Matty said to them. Matty then began talking to Matt. "Yeah, this TOTALLY isn't gonna be confusing." My mom said as she pointed to Matt and Matty. "CJ was right. We do have a type." I said, making her laugh.

"He's cute." My mom whispered to me. "I know." I whispered back. "All right, well, we will let you two take pictures with everyone. And we will see you in a bit." I said to my mom and Matt. "I'm so glad we got to meet you finally." My mom said to Matty.

*Bit Later*

I sat with Matty at the table as we talked to my... I guess now Uncle. Scott, and hus beautiful wife. I sat there just holding onto Matty's hand. I liked this feeling. The feeling I get when I'm around him. It's too perfect. It doesn't seem real. Just then, Matty's phone rang. He looked at the caller ID. "Sorry, I've gotta take this. It's my manager." He said. "Why is Jamie calling you?" I asked. "I guess I'll find out." He said. He stood up and walked away as he answered the phone. "Hopefully, he's not in trouble." Scott said. I let out a small chuckle. But yeah, hopefully he isn't.

*Mattys POV*

I stepped out of the wedding hall and answered my phone. "Is everything alright? You're taking time from my girlfriend and her family." I said. "Girlfriend?" He asked. "Yes, my girlfriend." I said, getting annoyed. "You mean you fake girlfriend." Hebsaid. "No, my girlfriend. The girl I asked to be mine on her birthday." I said. "And you just weren't gonna tell me this?" He asked. "Seriously? It's not your fucking business." I said. "Listen, great for you guys, but is it really a good idea to date her?" He asked me. "Wh-what do you mean?" I asked. "Come on, Matty. Think about your past relationships. They all ended. All because you are shit with relationships." He said. "Okay... One, Fuck you. And two, I don't care. This is different." I said. "I don't know. You should really think about it. Maybe this time is different, but She's probably just gonna use you for fame, then leave you." He said. "You don't know what the fuck your talking about." I said. "Listen, I'm just looking out for you. I know you. You're just gonna hurt her. And then you'll relapse. This isn't my first rodeo." He said. "Fuck you, I'm going to get back to MY GIRLFRIEND." I said before I hung up the phone.

*Few minutes later*
*Embers POV*

Matty sat back down, and he looked off. "Everything okay?" I asked. "Yeah, Jamie, just being an asshole perusal." He said. I chuckled a little. "What did he call for?" I asked. "Nothing important." He said. I nodded. He was being secretive and closed off, but I didn't wanna push him. He would tell me if he wanted to. I softly grabbed his hand, and he looked at me and showed me a soft smile. Something really wasn't right.

"Hey Ember, this is my friend Layla." I heard CJ say. I smiled, realizing this must be the girl he had a crush on. "It's nice to meet you." I said to her. "She's actually a big fan of Matty's band." CJ said. I smiled.

*Little Bit Later*

The wedding started to die out, and people started to leave. "All right, well, we should get going. Our flight back leaves in a few hours." I said to my mom and Matt. We talked to them a little longer, but then said goodbye.

*Little bit later* (sorry for all the time skips)

"Babe? Are you okay?" I asked Matty. "Yeah, of course I am. Why?" He asked. "You've just been seeming off since Jamie called you." I said. "No, everything's fine." He said with a non convincing smile. "Hey, you know you can talk to me, right?" I asked him. "Yeah, I know." He said. I grabbed his hand and stood in front of me. "What's going on? I know you're lying about it being fine. Something happened when he called." I said. "It's just Jamie being Jamie." He said. "What exactly does that mean?" I asked. "Just more of this stupid fake relationship thing." He said. "Yeah, but doesn't he know it's not fake anymore?" I asked. "It has to be." He said. "W-what?" I asked, completely taken back. "We have to keep it strictly fake." He said. "Why?" I asked. "Because Ember." He said. "That's not a good enough answer." I said, now hurt and upset that he would think I would just shrug it all off. "Well, it's the only answer you're getting." He said before he pulled his hand away from mine and continued walking. "What the hell?" I said. "Asshole." I said under my breath. He heard, and I know he did. He looked at me for a moment but just directed his attention to somewhere else.