Chapter 4

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

𝙄𝙑. 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

.

.

.

" I swear to the Archons! She tried to poison me!", a blonde-haired woman, probably in her late 30s, yelled out of agony at an officer from the Gardes. Her face was full of hate towards the perpetrator, who was sent away in a body bag.

" So... She tried poisoning you and drank the wrong glass instead?", the officer standing in front of the woman asked while being perplexed. How could someone be this stupid?

"Yes! She made the tea afterall. My husband has set off on a trip yesterday and that maid just lost it!"

"Ruby?", a lavender-like haired girl said a bit further away from the scene.

Ruby?

Ruby?

RUBY?

RUBY!?

"RUBY!", Neuvilette shook the girl while trying to keep his tone steady and stoic. The girl going by the name blinked twice to get out of her shock.

"Are you alright?", Neuvilette asked while keeping his eyes on her. The impact made her probably freeze up. Everyone in the hall screamed and panicked as the body bag of someone was brought outside.

One person was killed by that water tank. A assistant of Lyney's. Crushed.

"Y.. Yes. I apologize. This all was pretty overwhelming.", Ruby's voice trembling while muttering her apology for her freezing state.

After seeing that corpse brought outside, resurrected a few memories she didn't know were still active.

Neuvilette nodded out of sympathy and continued his way up the stage.

"Unfortunately, the person who was in the magic box has been pronounced dead. His name was Cowell, one of the assistants in Lyney's magic troupe.", he started while looking down at Lyney who was next to two Gards.

Neuvillette next explained what might have caused the accident: "Apparently, the fireworks on stage ignited the ropes that were suspending the water tank, which then caused the tank to fall on stage."

Everyone had a shocked, disturbed but confused expression on their faces. Why was Cowell in the box and not that girl? Even the Iudex had no clue. Noone had. The audience member was just gone as if swept off of the earth.

"It appears that this incident was not merely some mishap with the show.", he continued. "And there are many indications that it is connected with the case of the serial disappearances of young women."