Chapter 10

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

𝙓. 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙚-𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚

.

.

.

It was raining. The lakes of Fontaine were overflowing beautifully, with the creatures and animals seeking shelter with their families.

No one was outside in the depressing weather, expect one person. The Chief of Justice. He was still upset and full of regrets, because of the encounter earlier.
Due to this extreme conflict in him, he decided to pay a visit to his dear pupil.

His presence was feared by the nurses, who rushed by him to not be in his way. The hallways were long, but beautifully decorated with the raindrops reflecting into the inside. As he walked he hummed a small tune of an ballet, which Ruby always used to dance before the incident. The hallway became clearer and clearer with every step and the small hall where all the sick people were kept was just infront of him

The aura in the room was a cold and warm one combined, but as Neuvillette's eyes set on a certain brown haired girl, they softened and his walk sped up.
It was clear how her breathing was difficult for her to manage, so the Iudex cast a hydro spell over her so it would be a bit easier.

As Ruby noticed a change of air, her eyes opened and from her perspective a blurry version of him was infront of her. She tried to call for him, but only painful sounds came out.
"Don't talk.", he said as his hands glided to a little stool besides the bed.
Both stayed in an actual comforting silence and just smiled at eachother.

"I...", he broke the silence with an sorrowful look in his eyes. " I am sorry.."
Ruby processed the words carefully and gave him also tearful eyes. The next few minutes were full of Neuvillette's warm words and him holding and stroking over Ruby's stiff and limp hand.
"I truly am sorry. You were always trying your best to be near me, but I just shut everyone out due to my work. Back when Mister Callas died, Navia hated me ---which she still does now---, but you just wanted my attention. I never understood why... I caused for you to be in such an depressive state. Was it because you wanted someone like Callas in your life? Or just out of seeking for love and care? Now look where this brought you..no...us..."

His words made Ruby's stiff heart lighten up with warmth and sorrow. He had never said such beautiful, but also depressing words to someone like her. Suddenly she could've sworn to have seen a few tears roll down his cheek and the rain crying with him. He let go of her hand and slowly got up.
"I and Navia will do my best to save you."

Before he could turn however, Ruby's hand got ahold of Neuvillette's, who with an shocked expression looked at her. She gifted him a small smile and he just got even more teary-eyed.
His other hand patted the girls brown hair.

"I will always be there for you."
_________________________________________

Neuvillette about Ruby: Promise
I made a promise to always protect her and never leave her side. I'll do my best to keep that. _________________________________________

This chapter was a bit shorter than expected, but the next I'll try to keep longer.

And thank you for 600 reads and nearly 50 votes!

If you liked it this chapter, consider giving it a star!

PS: I also kept a message in the chapters 3&4.
F

anart: unknown