Chapter 12

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

𝙓𝙄𝙄. 𝙎𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩

.

.

.

"Freminet!"

A familiar voice screamed after the diver boy, whose hands were caressing his little penguin buddy. He was released after an long, awkward questioning. Every question was either answered with one-word replies or just shrugged off. Pretty suspicious for someone who wasn't the culprit.

"There you are.", the voice which turned out to be Lyney, who was followed by a just as worried Lynette. "We were looking for you everywhere. Where were you? Did your questioning take so long?"

The freckle face just turned more to make his back face the two, which made the grow even more worried.
"I...", he said with his voice breaking into small sobs which he didn't even want to show. Even though his siblings were the closest thing he had in the House of Hearth, he still didn't want to open up fully to them.

Lynette was the first to reach the boy and tackle him into a warm hug. At first he didn't return it, but the warmth made him melt into the beautiful touch. His dear brother was speechles, since crying was something he never saw Freminet do.

"Freminet...", Lyney finally called out and also joined the hug. His hand was moving itself over his brothers back to draw circles.

His warm tears were falling one by one onto the cold floor of their bedroom.
After a while Freminet finally began to speak in broken words, since his sobs didn't really stop there.
"I-It's all m..my fault! She is dying, because I was stupid enough t-to not follow.. her!"

The sobs were so loud they were sure that even the people next door could hear them. It hurt the two siblings who's hands were wrapped around the shaking boy.

"Freminet.. Maybe you should visit Ruby.", Lynette calmly proposed the suggestion she held in herself for these few heartbreaking moments.
The blonde boy just shook his head repeatedly and stepped away into the corner of the room.
"No! She would never want me to visit her! Besides... After what she told me.."

Lyney's eyebrow raised itself and he asked:
"What did she tell you?"

Freminet just gave them a shocked expression as if he just told everyone something they shouldn't know.
"Nothing!"
His hand fell onto mouth with Pers stuck to his side.

"Don't lie to us, Freminet."

Lynette stepped forward to hold the boy's trembling hand.
"He's right. You can tell us. I am sure we can help you with processing the information."

"Well..."

Heels could be heard clacking outside the door, but the trio didn't mind it. A lot of children living in this certain orphanage had heels, but this person wasn't the usual kid.

The footsteps stopped right infront of the door and the person held their head at it.
The person was non other than...

"Father?"

The spoken to person turned around, revealing two black eyes which were crossed out in red.
It was the 4th Harbinger of the Fatui, also known as the Knave.

Her features were elegant, but harsh all the same.
The pale skin, her white-black-red hair and style was what made it so elegant, and her expression showing coldness to anyone who looked at her.

"What are you doing?"

The words made the woman raise her head higher.
"I think a old acquaintance has shown herself. But you already knew that, didn't you, Anna?"

Infront of her stood a small girl, nearly a head smaller than the woman. Her hair was a light pastel rose. Her face was covered with an black mask, the only thing visible being her tired dark blue eyes.
She was giving her Father a dark bloodthirsty look.

"Her death will be something mourned by many

"Her death will be something mourned by many."

That made the girl give an invisible smirk, her figure turned to the door which was right in front of the two. She knocked at it, waiting for an answer.

It opened revealing a scared magician and his assistant right beside him. Before they could speak their bodies went into muscle memory, bowing to their boss.
"Father! What a surprise!"

When they raised themselves to look at her once again, they finally noticed the girl who actually knocked.
"Anna.. It's you..", the magician hesitantly said with his cheeks burning up into a bright red.

It wasn't a secret of him fancying the rose-haired girl and her dark aura surrounding herself. He was the first to meet her after joining the Fatui, alongside her own sister, who was missing ever since childhood.

"Cat boy.", she addressed the now tomato red boy and his two handsome violet eyes.
That nickname was something she only called him by. Lynette was Lyn or most commonly Kitty, and Freminet, Penguin. It was ridiculous, really. But she was a stubborn person at heart.

Cat boy was ripped from his trance state by Arlecchino.
"We won't be staying long. Anna will be returning with me to Shneznaya of course, as my Assistant she can't be roaming without me here, but don't worry she'll return soon enough.", her voice sounding suspiciously calm.

Anna stepped in front of her master and smirked through her mask, making Lyney go crazy.
"We were just checking up on you all.", she said with an seductive tone of voice.
" Especially you... Cat boy."

And with that the two left, leaving the tomato red Lyney, the irritated Lynette and the scared Freminet.
______________________________________

Lyney about Anna:
Anna... Hmm... Anna... I wonder what she's doing now. I miss her. *giggles like a drunk child*
______________________________________
Lynette about Anna:
Ugh.. Anna. I hate her guts. She's always finding a way to flirt with my brother. As a child she was kind of adorable, but now..
______________________________________
Freminet about Anna:
Her? I don't know how to feel about her. She's closer to my siblings, but everytime she steps into frame she gives me the creeps. Father is the only one to somehow know her best.
She is her assistant after all.
______________________________________

A little short, but I still hope you enjoyed!
If you did consider giving it a star! ⭐

Fanart: GodnesSaes on Twitter