Chapter 9

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

𝙄𝙓. 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨

.

.

.

Ruby felt like she was dying. Her whole body hurt, as if she was on fire. Her lungs and whole throat had a feeling of squishing itself against eachother. Not only that, but her whole life was flashing away infront of her very own eyes. It was dark. No shadow was seeking itself inside her sight. Her ears didn't catch onto any sound around her. Was she dead? It sure felt like it.

Suddenly a small voice sounding all too familiar was heard just beside her.
"How long will she stay like this?"
It was someone she knew too good. Navia and her mother were discussing her state and injuries, together with a doctor.

She wanted to gain their attention, but her whole body was just a stiff puppet.
"We're not so sure. She has been unconscious for a day now."
A day... That water...Uncle Marcel.. Did he do it on purpose or was he framed?

Ruby tried her best to move so someone would notice, but it hurt if she even blinked a bit. Suddenly her left hand started moving a little which attracted someone who sat right next to her.
"Ruby...? RUBY!"
A hand or two shook at the girl rapidly, which made her body tense up even more due to the pain.

"Get off these bandages!", a desperate sounding female voice yelled at someone else, probably the doctors.
It was her mother. Suddenly a bright light hit Ruby in the face to which she scrunched them together as best as she could.

At first the only things she could see was that awful bright light. Then a silhouette of a woman came into frame and put a hand on the girls shoulder.
"Ruby... I.. I thought you..", the woman said with her voice breaking into a sobbing fit.

Then another walked right beside the now visible mother of the injured girl. Navia.
"I am so glad that you're okay! When Clorinde told me about what had happened I was worried to bits!"
For the next few minutes a actual comfortable silence hit the room. For Ruby it wasn't though, her body hurt even if she just stayed still.
The doctors did a few tests and found out that the girl couldn't move a single inch away from where she was laying.

"So, Ms. Beauregard. Your body seems to have stiffen up, not allowing you to move."
As expected the only thing she could do was blink.
The doctor told her to blink once for yes, and twice for no.

"Luckily your face isn't as bruised anymore, but do you still feel any pain in the face area?"

Funnily enough, that was the only part of the body where she felt nothing. Not even the morning breeze, so she blinked twice.