Chapter 14

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

🆁🆄🅽🅰🆆🅰🆈

𝙓𝙄𝙑. 𝗘𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴

.

.

.

Hmmm...

A faint hum could be heard wafting from wall to wall. It was quite a nice sound. The person,who the humming was regarded to, was the sick dancer Ruby. You may be wondering who it was. It was the one only Iudex.

After Ruby grabbed his hand, he couldn't just leave. He was still stroking the girl's hand, while talking about his day and other things.
For others, hearing his office stories would be pretty boring, or maybe even an honor, but for Ruby, it was like a father-daughter moment.

"I wish you could tell me who caused your condition." Neuvillette looked sadly torwards her.
Then an idea came to him. If she can't say it... then how about writing?
He asked a nurse to at least give him a paper, but she came back with a notepad and a pencil.

Neuvillette helped Ruby sit, which was quite painful to watch.
"I'm sorry. Here's a notepad. Let's try writing, shall we?"
Luckily, Ruby was able to move around a little more than before.

"Here, I'll take your hand. Just guide me and we'll do it together.", then he let himself be guided carefully over the paper.
It was quite painful for Ruby, but she wanted to at least share her information with one person.

First she wrote a line up.

Neuvillette first thought of Freminet, but didn't want to say anything.

Before she could draw the next one, the pencil fell through her shaking and trembling fingers. A shriek of pain escaped her lips.
Neuvillette patted the girl's head and tried again.

Outside the line a downward facing "V" was created
Then an 'N' and then...
An 'M'...?

M.. M..

Neuvillette didn't think of anyone, who had an M at the front of their name?
Because he was lost in thought, he hadn't noticed the sad and painful grimace Ruby was making.
She simply fell back onto her soft pillow and sighed in relief.

Before he could come up with an idea, a security guard stormed in.
"Chief Justice!" he shouted ,and was quickly silenced by the man he spoke to.

The guard's gaze fell on Ruby, who was holding her throbbing head.
"Oh sorry. We have found someone who could be the mastermind of this case!"
The Iudex's eyes widened in surprise and screamed a loud, whispered "What?!"