Chapter Thirteen Part 2

SOPHIE DAVIS

SOPHIE DAVIS

I woke up in a hospital bed, my head pounding and my body feeling like a big puddle of mush. I wondered if I could even move. I tried wiggling my toes, and to my surprise, I saw little ripples in the blanket that was covering me.

Panic started to set in as my hand drifted down towards my abdomen. This situation was all too familiar. But something felt different this time, as my hand rested on my stomach, I somehow knew that my pup had made it through whatever the hell had happened this time. I didn't have that empty feeling that had over taken me all of those months ago.

As I looked around, noticing the blue of the sky through the opened window, I tried to remember what exactly had happened. Little bits and pieces were coming back to me, but nothing too significant. All I could remember was that Matthew let me in his house and a girl had been there, I couldn't remember who it was or why, though.

"Miss. Davis, how are you feeling?" my head snapped towards the entrance of the room as I heard a deep voice.

I cleared my throat, almost laughing at the coincidence, this was the same doctor that had told me I'd lost my pup last time, I remembered his kind brown eyes.

"I'm not really sure," I answered. "What happened?"

"You don't have any recollection?" he asked me, frowning slightly. I shook my head no.

"Well, you were nearly murdered," he told me, and a gasp escaped my lips.

"By who?"

"Now I know it may be hard to hear this, but Matthew Fisher and his sister Ashley, have been plotting against you for some time now, and they finally made their move."

"What! What do you mean? Ashley's dead and Matthew is my friend."

"I'm sorry Miss. Davis, but that was all an elaborate lie that they made up."

"What?" I exclaimed, everything he was telling me was just too confusing.

"I'll have someone who is better informed explain everything to you, for now, you and your pup need some rest," he said, before making his way toward the exit.

"Wait!" I called, as a memory of Austin falling to the ground in a heap came rushing back. "Austin, my mate, is he okay?"

"I'm sorry sweetie, but your mate is paralyzed from the waist down," he told me, and I felt my heart stop. It could have been worse, I know, he could have been dead. But the thought of Austin, in all his wild and hot headed glory being confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life, made my heart ache.

All of the sudden I heard a scream, a blood curdling, heart stopping scream, and it was coming from the last person on Earth I'd ever want to hear like that. My mate, Austin.

[A/N: What do you think of this chapter? Let me know! I have over 160K reads, it's unbelievable. Don't forget to comment and vote, and thanks for reading!]