Chapter Eight- Part 1

AUSTIN DANIELS

AUSTIN DANIELS

"So you'll be miserable without me, but have too much pride to stay with me?" I raised my eyebrows at Sophie. I knew she was hurt by what I had done to her, but I didn't get why we couldn't just get passed this.

"Austin, I love you. It's my instinct to love you. I was born to love you. But, do you realize how heartbreaking it was to walk in on you with another women like that?" Sophie said, through her tears.

"I mean, I was so happy, ready to tell you that we were going to be parents, and then I walk in on that. And then I lost our baby, because I was running away from you. I'm sorry, but that's a lot for me to forgive." Her tears were turning into sobs as she spoke.

"And of course, I'm going to be miserable without you! My heart is connected to yours in a way that it can never be to another's."

I looked at her in shock as she cried. I hadn't even realized how badly she must have been affected, by all of this. Of course I had known that her feelings were hurt, and that she hated me for the time being, but I had spent too much time worrying about myself, and if she would take me back, to actually consider her feelings, and what they meant.

Her feelings weren't hurt, she was heartbroken. Heartbroken that I had given the kind of love that should only be reserved for her to another, heartbroken that the child that she had only known she was carrying for a few hours was gone forever. I felt moisture in my eyes, as I realized that she shouldn't forgive me. I didn't deserve it.

"Sophie." I took her into my arms, as her body shook, and her sobs echoed off the walls of Maggie's small, and empty spare bedroom.

"I just wish-" she sniffed and hiccuped, wiping some of her constant tears. "I just wish this would have never happened."

I nodded along, stroking her hair and kissing her forehead. I felt the exact same way. If none of it would have happened, Sophie would be pregnant with my pup, due any minute (because Werewolves only carry pups for around three months) and we would have been happy again.

"You know how much I love you, right?" I questioned, truthfully curious. I wondered if she knew that a decision I made when I was under the influence of drugs that I ignorantly consumed, didn't mean that she wasn't my entire world.

She didn't respond, just stayed in my arms, crying heartbrokenly. At that moment in time, I had never loved her more. She was so strong, so intelligent, stubborn and not to mention, beautiful. And as many times as she said we were over, I still had faith that she would forgive me.

[A/N: Thanks for reading! 11,498 reads, 476 votes and 133 comments! Please tell me what you think about the characters and the choices they're making! I'd love to have your input!

Ali <3]