Chapter Ten- Part 2

SOPHIE DAVIS

SOPHIE DAVIS

I Stared at Austin in excitement, a bit bewildered at how he wasn't jumping for joy. I chalked it up to nervousness, and continued to smile.

"We have so much to do in so little time! Should we postpone the wedding until I have the pup? Or should we do it sooner?" I rambled, my excitement getting the better of me like it often did.

Austin kind of just stared off into space, and I frowned grabbing his face, so that we were making eye contact. "Baby, are not happy about this?"

"I am, it's just, I have something to tell you," he said, pained and regretfully.
I automatically thought the worst and I felt as if my heart had stopped beating. "You didn't chea-"

"No!" he cut me off, and I felt relief flood through me.

"What then?"

Just as he was about to answer, I heard a knock at the door. "I'll get it," I told him. He nodded and went to sit down on the couch.

I opened the door shocked to find Matthew standing there with a very angry and pregnant looking Ashley in tow.

"What's going on?" I questioned furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why don't you ask your mate?"
Matthew said venomously.
"What do you mean?" I wondered as Austin came to stand beside me at the door.

"Sophie, I-" Austin began, but was cut off by Matthew.

"You're a stupid piece of shit is what's going on!" He yelled pointing at Austin.

"Austin?" I looked at him for an explanation.

"Sophie, Ashley's pregnant."

"Well that much I could tell. What's that got to do with us?" As I finished my sentence, realization hit me like a ton of bricks, and if it felt like my heart had stopped beating earlier, that was nothing compared to now.

"Please tell me it's not true." I looked at Austin tears pooling in my eyes.

"Please," I whimpered.

"Sophie..." he trailed off, giving me his answer.

"I can't- I can't do this..." I shouted, not really even sure what I was referring to, as I ran to my car, leaving them all standing there. I drove away, ignoring Austin as he tried to run after me.

Of course this would happen! Just when I was finally able to forgive Austin for cheating on me, the girl he cheated with had to turn up pregnant.

My tears were starting to blur my vision so I pulled the car over on the side of the road. I didn't want to get in an accident and loose this pup liked I'd lost the other one.

One thing was for sure, whether or not I was able to get over Ashley being pregnant, and go through with marrying Austin; I was going to love this pup with all my heart.

[A/N: It's unreal that I have over 62k reads. Thanks so much for the support! Let me know how you're liking the story so far, love you!]