Chapter Four- Part 2

AUSTIN DANIELS

AUSTIN DANIELS

I saw Sophie going into the Pack House and immediately bolted towards her, thankful that she still spent some night here and I knew I could find her here. Even though I was pretty much banned from my own house. I was as quiet as possible so that she didn't notice me, I didn't want her running back to her car.

I followed her to the door, waiting for her to open it and walk up the stairs to our once shared bedroom, before I paced after her, willing my footsteps to avoid making any unnecessary noises.

I swiftly ran up the stairs and entered our bedroom just a few seconds after she did. When I was safely inside, I shut the door and locked it, before leaning up against it, and sliding down so that I was sitting on my butt.

"What are you doing?" Sophie asked sharply, though her eyes told me that she was slightly afraid. It hurt a lot to know that my mate was afraid of me, I guess that I couldn't blame her, considering I was planning on holding her in this room against her will.

"Sophie, we need to talk," I urged, taking a second to discreetly take in her appearance. She looked better than the last I saw her, there were no bags under eyes, no evidence that she'd been crying lately; I surprisingly wasn't extremely relieved to see that, because I wasn't sure if she was getting over me, I couldn't handle that.

Her hair was done up in a bun with a few dark brown tendrils of curled hair framing her face and she was wearing a pale blue shirt that brought out her eyes well. Jesus, I couldn't believe that this was my mate. She was irresistible, sexy, amazing. I needed her back in my life.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was going out somewhere, especially since was applying lip gloss onto her full, pink lips, that I wanted to kiss so badly. She better not be planning to leave right now, I couldn't keep her here if so.

"We've already talked. What else is left to say? You're a cheating bastard that threw away our relationship for a lousy one night-or should I say one day-stand with some slut." She was smiling a sickly sweet smile while shrugging, I didn't like seeing my Soph like this.

I was shocked at her fowl language, Sophie rarely ever cussed, and the fact that she had just swore several times in the same sentence clued me into how pissed she was. I think she was over being hurt, now she was just angry.

"Where are you going?" I questioned, pointing to her dolled up appearance. Knowing that I wasn't about to let her go anywhere.

"None of your business," she responded, snarkily.

"We're still mates you know," I informed her, not liking the way she was speaking to me. "There hasn't been a formal separation, and I'm never going to agree to have one."

"Why are you acting like this Austin? This isn't you, you wouldn't force someone to be with you if they truly didn't want to."

I felt my heart break a little when she insinuated that she didn't want to be with me. "Suppose I cheated on you? Would you want to stay with me after that?" she questioned, easily proving her point.

The mere thought of Sophie ever cheating on me made me sick to my stomach. I couldn't imagine how Sophie felt considering I had actually done it. "You would never do that," I remarked, shaking my head.

"Of course not! I'm not that type of person." She looked pointedly at me. "But, theoretically speaking if I had cheated on you, with some blonde bimbo who isn't even really that pretty, and could really use a breath mint and who needs to die her roots and wear some actual clothes..."

She was rambling now, and I could tell that she was talking about Ashley, aka, the she-wolf that drugged me and practically ruined my life.

"Sophie, I wasn't in my right mind when I...you know..."

"Fucked her?" She finished for me, raising and eyebrow.

"Where did this new vocabulary come from?" I questioned, surprised at her vulgar language.

"I've always had it, there was just no reason to use it before."

I shook my head, "Anyways, I wouldn't hold it against you if I knew you weren't really yourself. I would however, kill the person that dared to touch you."

"Austin, I don't really know what to say to you," she said while coming to sit down beside me. She laid her head on my shoulder and I felt my heart speed up. Was she going to forgive me? Unlikely.

"Do you want me tell you that I'm okay with the fact that you cheated on me? That I don't have nightmares of that day every night now?" she questioned, blue eyes filled with unspoken sorrow.

I lifted her head up, grabbing her chin between my index finger and thumb. "No Sophie, I'm just asking for a chance. A chance to prove to you that I love you more than anyone else in the world, that I'd do anything to get you back. A chance at forgiveness." I looked deeply into her watery eyes as I spoke, trying to convey to her how much I meant it.

Before she could say anything, I pressed my lips to hers. Her lips responded instantaneously, and I stood up and, bringing her with me. Her legs were wrapped around my waist and her arms around my neck, as I leaned us back down onto the bed and hovered over her. My lips had just made contact with hers once again, when we heard a light knock on the door and it was flung open.

"Hey Sophie, I've..."

I turned around to see Matthew Fisher in the doorway of my room, all dressed up like he was about to go on a date or something. "What the fuck is he doing here?" I questioned angrily, giving Sophie a confused look, wondering how that door had even been unlocked.