Chapter Nine- Part 1

AUSTIN DANIELS

AUSTIN DANIELS

I tried not to chicken out as I made my way to the place I planned to kill myself at. I thought about all of the responsibilities I was leaving behind, but I couldn't seem to change my mind. I simply could not live in a world where my mate isn't by my side at all times.

As I was running to Hard Rock Pointe, I passed by me and Sophie's secret place. It was a secluded area of our pack land, that nobody besides the two of us knew about. It was surrounded by rocks so that you couldn't see it, and I decided that it wouldn't hurt to stop there for a few minutes, so that I could feel close to Sophie one last time before I was gone.

As I squeezed my way through the closely placed rocks, I was shocked as I was engulfed in a warm embrace. The embrace of my mate.

"Austin!" Sophie exclaimed, her arms wrapped around my neck as she frantically placed kisses on my face. "I knew you'd come here! Oh thank god."

I was overwhelmed and wasn't quite sure if I was dreaming or not as she told me that she loved me. "Oh baby, I don't know what I would have done if you had done it." She was beginning to cry as she still frantically kissed me. "I forgive you, I forgive you. I don't care what you did. I love you."

I was so shocked by Sophie's behavior, that I didn't even know how to respond. "Are you sure?" I questioned, hoping to God that she was being serious, I don't know what I would do if she changed her mind now.

"Positive," she told me, looking into my eyes.

I felt slightly guilty as she started kissing around from my neck, just as she began unbuttoning my shirt, I pushed her away. "What are you doing?"

"I want you to make love to me," she responded, her breathing hard.

"Sophie, a couple of weeks ago you told me that you could never find it in your heart to forgive me. What's so different now?"

"I realized that I can't live without you." She grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her head.

My breathing deepened as I took in her semi-clothed state. She was in the later stages of heat, which made resisting her a whole lot harder.

This hadn't been my intention. When I wrote the suicide letter, I had every intention of going through with it. I figured if I didn't have my mate by my side, what was the point of living at all? I never could've been prepared for this reaction from Sophie.

"Sophie, please, you're not in your right mind. You're too worked up from believing I was dead to be able to fully process what you're getting yourself into."

"I know exactly what I'm getting myself into! I love you Austin! I always have, I should've known that I wouldn't be able to stay away from you. We're soul mates, we're genetically designed for each other. Us being anything but together is absurd!" she was shouting, as big fat tears rolled down her cheeks.

I smiled as I shed a few tears of my own. "I love you," I whispered, taking her in my arms and placing kisses on her forehead.

"Will you make love to me?" she questioned.

"I will. Just not right now. If we're going to get back together, I don't want to just jump right into bed," I responded.

"Well we wouldn't be going to bed," she said pointing to the grass and laughing through her tears, "but okay."

[A/N: 21,948 reads, 813 votes and 154 comments. It's crazy to think I have over 20,000 reads on my story. Thank all of you so much! I hope you guys like where the story is going and I hope you will continue to read it!]