Chapter Twelve- Part 2

SOPHIE DAVIS

SOPHIE DAVIS

I was completely done.

Any sliver of a thought in my mind about getting back with Austin was completely gone. I could not believe, that after everything we had been through, he would do this.

He'd only lived in the apartment since Trent was born, which meant that the pictures had to have been taken between then and Ashley's death. I shook my head as I knocked on The Red Water Pack House's door, this was truly a new low for Austin.

Maggie was out of town and the only other person that I could actually talk to was Matthew, so I was here to see him. "Sophie?" Matthew opened the door, his brow furrowing in confusion.

"I didn't know where else to go..." I trailed off, tears gathering in my eyes.

He took me into his arms, whispering in my ear, "What did he do this time?"

I didn't respond, suddenly too emotional to say anything. Damn pregnancy hormones! "I'll take you to my room so that we can talk in private," he said, resting his hands on my shoulders and leading me to his room.

"What did he do, Sophie?" Matthew questioned.

"I-I found pictures of him and Ashley..." I trailed off, my sobs preventing me from finishing.

Matthew looked at me with a weird expression, almost guilty, and then he looked to the corner of the room nodding and mouthing now.

I looked in the direction he was looking, completely confused. Ashley was walking towards me, two large, angry looking men following her. I gasped, looking to Matthew in confusion. Ashley was suppose to be dead!

"Sophie, Sophie, Sophie..." Ashley smirked at me, shaking her head, as the two men grabbed my arms, preventing me from moving.

"Austin told you the truth, you should have listened..." I saw a syringe filled with some type of liquid resting between her thumb and forefinger as she walked towards me.

I was shivering in fear. Matthew had moved to stand beside Ashley, and at that point, I realized that he was in on whatever the heck this was.

"Matthew?" I questioned, in hopes that I was wrong, that Matthew was going to try and help me, and not murder me or whatever Ashley was trying to do.

"Sophie?" He matched my tone, and he and Ashley shared an identical laugh.

"You're a dumb bitch," Ashley stated matter of factly, and I felt a rush of anger shoot through me. "You honestly have nobody to blame but yourself. Austin told you Matthew was a bad guy, he told you I was a crazy bitch who drugged him..." She shook her head poising the needle of the syringe near my neck.

"But you just didn't believe him..."

"Wait!" I called out before she stuck it into my neck.

"What?" she snapped.

"Why are you doing this? All of this, why did you do it?"

"Don't you see? You guys were the stronger pack, we had to weaken you guys. You've been too busy caught up in your own little self pity to even realize it, but your pack is going to shit. Austin hasn't been a proper Alpha, because he was too busy moping over you. A pack can't function without their Alpha," she said, she was pure evil

"You're insane. Both of you," I said, but I was wondering if what they were saying was true. I hadn't really been paying much attention to any pack business, how could I be so selfish?

"Whatever you want to say, honey. But without you, Austin won't be an Alpha. Imagine what he's going to think when he finds your dead body on his kitchen floor." She looked to Matthew and they shared a disturbing look of joy.

"The Blue Creek Pack will have no Alpha, and we'll be the strongest pack on the West Coast. Do you know how long our pack has been trying to get that title?" Matthew pitched in, suddenly sounding just like his crazy bitch of a sister.

"Please don't do this!" I begged tears streaming down my face in fear. "I'm pregnant!"

"That makes it all the better." Ashley smiled. She stuck the needle into my skin, depositing whatever was in the syringe into my bloodstream.

"Please..."

"Too late," Ashley said, before everything went black.

[A/N: 😱What do you think of this chapter? Please let me know! Was this what you were expecting? Or is it a complete shock? I can't believe I have almost 90,000 reads, it's craaazzzy. Don't forget to comment and vote, and thanks for reading!]