Chapter Twelve- Part 1

AUSTIN DANIELS

AUSTIN DANIELS

It was hard for me to believe Ashley was actually dead. I don't know how many times I'd wished death upon her since the day that she drugged me and ruined everything with Sophie, but now that it was actually here, I didn't know how to feel.

Sophie and I were on better terms, she would watch Trent while I did pack business, they had this weird connection that made me think that Sophie was meant to be his mom, and this all happened for a reason.

I didn't mention that to Sophie, though, anytime I tried to mention anything about the future or us getting back together she would become more reserved and standoffish.

"Hey Soph," I said as I walked through the door of my apartment. I'd moved out of the pack house in order to have a better environment to take care of a new born in. Sophie was still living there, and the one time I asked her if she would move in with me, she'd gotten angry and told me that just because she was babysitting Trent, it didn't mean she wanted to get back together with me.

"Trent's sleeping," she told me, subconsciously rubbing her protruding abdomen.

"Okay cool. Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked, as she made her way towards me. She had this weird look in her eyes, that kind of worried me.

She was now right in my face, and I could feel her hot breath fanning across me. "W-what are you doing?" I stuttered out, completely bewildered. "I thought..."

"Shhh..." Sophie put a finger to my lips, placing a trail of kisses down my neck.

I pushed her away slightly, completely confused by her strange behavior. "Why are you being so weird?" I asked her.

"Because I have something to tell you," she said, looking down at the ground, almost guilty.

"What Sophie?" I began to panic, part of me wonder if she is about to admit to killing Ashley.

"This baby..." She trailed off, placing a hand on her stomach. "H-he's not yours."

I stayed completely silent, more angry and hurt than I'd ever felt in my entire life. Tears began to slide down my face as I turned around, thrusting my fist through the drywall.

What made everything ten times worse, was that Sophie was hysterically laughing as my entire life shattered into pieces. I couldn't believe this, I wanted kill somebody! I didn't think I'd ever wanted to kill somebody so much in my entire life.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" I screamed as I walked into the kitchen and started smashing plates against the floor, my wolf was about three seconds from completely coming unglued and I needed something to release some of the pent up anger. "I can't fucking believe this! I can't fucking believe you!" I yelled.

She was still laughing, so hard in fact, that she could barely breath. "Oh this is priceless," she said, wiping tears of laughter from her eyes.

I didn't know how to feel, this didn't seem anything like the Sophie that I knew and loved. "Who are you? This is not my Sophie," I shouted, gripping the counter so hard that it was starting to crack.

"You feel like shit don't you? So angry and hurt, that you don't even know what to do with yourself?" She asked, coming closer to me, a yellow envelope residing in her shaking hands.

"As much as I wish it was true," she continues, handing me the envelope, "I was only kidding."

As I tried to process what she was telling me, she smiled. "Unfortunately this baby is, in fact yours, I just wanted you to feel how I felt the first time I caught you cheating, when I found out that you got her pregnant, and now, when I found these."

She pointed to the envelope, and I quickly opened it, completely shocked to find pictures of Ashley and I kissing...in the bed of this apartment.

"This is impossible," I insisted, but Sophie just rolled her eyes and began to make her way towards the front door.

[A/N: What do you think of this chapter? Please let me know! I really like the way Sophie handled that whole situation, lol! I can't believe I have over 80,ooo reads, it's insane. Don't forget to comment and vote, and thanks for reading!]