Chapter Six- Part 1

Ari_forev made me the awesome trailer to the side, it's posted on the first chapter, but if you haven't seen it yet, take a look!

SOPHIE DAVIS

It had been two weeks since I'd had any kind of contact with Austin. I had been staying with Maggie lately and I knew I needed to get on my feet and get my own place.

"Maggie, I'm going apartment hunting," I told her as I grabbed my keys from the bowl by the door. Maggie was somewhat OCD so she made me keep my keys in one spot so that I didn't lose them.

"I'd come with you, but I have to babysit my brat of a little brother," she said, rolling her green eyes, as she stood in the doorway that led into the living room.

I laughed, "It's okay. Have fun!" I waved as I exited the apartment.

I decided to stop by for some coffee on the way to the first apartment that I'd found on the Internet. It was afternoon, but I was still tired and I needed something to wake me up.

I entered my favorite coffee shop in town, and smiled at the familiar smell. It had been too long since I'd been there. I'd heard humans say that coffee was their favorite smell, but with my heightened senses, the smell was ten times better.

"What can I get for you?" Asked a girl, that I recognized as one of the younger members of our pack. I could tell by the way that she looked at me that she knew about Austin cheating on me, but I just smiled at her.

"A White Mocha with three shots of espresso," I told her. She nodded, and then began making the coffee. She was done making it fairly quickly, and just after she'd handed it to me, I spotted someone familiar. "Matthew!" I said surprised, at the same time that he smiled and waved me over to him.

I walked over, and he gestured for me to sit down. "How've you been?" he questioned, and it seemed as if he genuinely wanted know.

"Better than before," I responded, giving him a smile. "I'm actually searching for apartments today."

"Oh really?",

"Yep," I said, while nodding.

"So we never got to go on that date..." he gave me a little smile, while raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, slightly embarrassed with the way I had behaved. I broke down crying out of no where, didn't protest when Austin told him to leave, and fell asleep in Austin's arms, even though he cheated on me. "I'm really sorry about that."

"It's all good. So are you and Austin back together?" he wondered, looking as if he was hoping the answer was no.

"What?" I exclaimed my eyes getting big. "No! Of course not!" I was shaking my head frantically, while Matthew chuckled.

"Good. That means we can maybe actually get to go on that date. What do you say?" He stood up, offering his hand to me and raising his eyebrows.

"I guess I could take a rain check on the apartment hunting," I said, while smiling and taking his hand.

"Wonderful! I know this great restaurant just down the street. They have the best desserts!"

"I'm not a big fan of sweets," I informed him, as we exited the coffee shop.

"No way?"

"Yep, never did care for them." I shook my head, grimacing slightly at the thought of them.

"Well then, these ones will be the exception," he said, sure of himself.

"We'll see."

I didn't notice before, but my hand was still firmly grasped in his as we made our way to the other restaurant. I didn't move it away, it was actually kind of nice.

"What kinda food do they have?" I questioned as he opened the door for me to enter the restaurant.

"Italian, but there's other things. If you want, you can a great big juicy cheeseburger," he smiled, while making a fake hamburger with his hands and pretending to bite into it.

"Probably not the best choice for a first date," I acknowledged, while chuckling.

We were showed to our table and the waiter said he'd be back to take our orders shortly.

"So, gonna try that cheeseburger?"

"I think I'll go for a salad," I told him, skimming the menu.

"You can't be serious! Salads hardly fill you up," he protested.

"I happen to really like salads," I defended myself.

"Whatever you say..." Mathew said in a singsong voice, grinning at me.

"Really! Salads are my favorite food."

"You obviously have weird taste buds Anyone who prefers salad over a cheeseburger is crazy," he commented.

"Well then I suppose I'm crazy."

"Guess so."

The waiter, soon took our orders. Me, a Chicken Caesar Salad, and him, some Italian dish that I'd never heard of. I couldn't help but think about the fact that if I were on a date with Austin, he would have made me get something I'd like. He knows how much I hate salads.

About twenty minutes into our meal, something occurred to me. It wouldn't stop nagging at me so finally, I blurted it out. "So what's the deal with your mate?"

Matthew nearly choked through the sip of water he was taking, as his eyes widened. "I um-I..." he trailed off, his eyes getting this look in them. It was a look I never wanted to see again, so distant and haunted.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's okay. You deserve to know. It's just, I don't like talking about it," he admitted, while looking down.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I shouldn't have brought it up like that," I apologized.

It wasn't mentioned again and the rest of dinner went smoothly, by the end of the night, I could almost forget about Austin. Almost.

Matthew walked with me up to Maggie's front porch, but stopped before we made it to the door. I turned around and gave him a confused look.

"I'd walk you all the way up, but if I did that, I'd want to kiss you and I'm pretty sure it's too soon," he told me, raising his voice a little because of the distance between us.

"Bye Matthew," I said, giving him a big smile. He was so considerate and sweet.

"Bye Sophie."

[A/N: Because my chapters were way too short to actually be considered chapters, I decided to make each POV a part to a chapter. So like this would be part 1 of chapter six, and then Austin's POV would be part 2! Thanks for reading <3]