chapter two

(flashback)

Poor Maria, with a face like that you will never be a Sultana, just a slave. My slave" the witch said brushing her fingers across her bandaged cheek and head. 

Her perfume smelt too strong, nothing like the ones that they were taught would capture the sultans attention. 

Was it worth it? She thought as she trying vain to hold back tears and sobs, was hurting the only friend she had in this damn place worth the sultan and his bed? 

It wasn't like he wouldn't go after other women regardless of who they were to the red haired witch. She was a witch after all. Full of evil and no remorse for the people she hurt. 

'  you betrayed me' she had said as she slapped her, but if Gülnihal remembered correctly she never betrayed her. The first thing they learn was that the sultan wasn't anyone's property. He could bed anyone he wants. 

Hurrem acted as if she was his owner, but little did she know that, that very attitude was going to be her end. Delusional fool 

Now that she finally looked into her eyes, eyes that were the window to the soul as people believed. She saw an ugly woman. So ugly and rotten she had to look away. 

Her eyes watered and a choked sob escaped her, but the monster felt no remorse, she just left without a word
(End of flashback)

At this current moment Gülnihal was sat in the physician's section in bed. Her face still bandaged. She had the last few days to think of what to do, how to do it. 

Her face would heal, it would take some time but heal it would. Then she would show that witch her place. 

" ayse" she said as she picked on the bed of her nails, her delicate skin red and sore. 

The other women responded with ' are you hurt?' 'Do you need anything' but gulnihal just shook her head. 

" I need you to do me a favour please, could you please bring Ibrahim here. I need to speak to him and the valide immediately". 

The favourite looked shell shocked, clearly not expecting this. But without much thought she complied and left. 

It took two hours until the valide and Ibrahim had come. Daye hatun not far behind. 

The Sultana was dressed in all black with a big crown on her head. She looked beautiful yet intimidating. But Gülnihal refused to be scared this time.

" my sultana, aga" she said slowly bowing her head in respect. They waited until she rose and the valide spoke

" what do you want?  I hope it's as important as ayse hatun told me".

" without missing a beat she spoke. It was a risky move but it needed to be done.

" I would like a chance to be with his majesty. After I fully heal that is". She noticed their suprise and decided to explain her motives

" everyone in this harem has a right to dream of becoming more, do they not? I would also like this chance once I'm in good health. It's only fair "

Ibrahim was the one to break the spell 

" are you sure you will heal? I heard those burns are quite bad".

Gülnihal only laughed and looked at both of them, she would heal and they would have no choice in believing her.

" my aga I will heal and be even more beautiful than I was before, I assure you. Also I want what you all want, Alexandra's doom"

The valide gasped and Ibrahim looked a bit shaken. Of course they didn't expect this. She never thought she would be saying these words but here she was thinking them and worse.

"The very same girl who burnt me was the same girl I was trying to defend and saw as inoccent. She's anything but inoccent"!

​​​​​​​
" Even if we agree, where would you heal until then? You cannot possibly stay here". Argued the older sultana as she looked at everyone in the room. Her eyes damanding answers. 

" my valide, maybe we can shift the hatun to the old palace. The physicians there would take good care of her and I'll check from time to time. As for Hurrem hatun we can simply inform her that her former maide left after the incident"

The valide thought for a few minutes until agreeing, but she said that Gülnihal would need to leave within the next few hours.  

So the preparations were made and as an act of kindness the valide allowed for ayse hatun to accompany her, but she would have to return. 

Gülnihal or more like a few harem girls packed up the few belongings she had and within a few hours she was sat in a gold carriage with ayse and Ibrahim. They would go to the palace and she would return much more stronger.

"​​​​​​Hurrem enjoy your last few days of peace, because when I return you'll be facing hell" she thought as she watched her surroundings change and her eyes grew heavy. 

When she woke up she had arrived at the palace. Her destiny would change very soon.