chapter eight

The following few days, many different things happened. It made Gülnihal smile each time news reached her, thanks to aysa of course.

The first thing was that as she suspected, mahidevran sultana had gotten the Emerald ring hours after she left. She could see how happy the woman was and how she was practicing glowing. 

Not only did she have the ring but she had officially gained back favour and spent the night with the sultan since Mustafa requested her that very night. 

The young prince grew to adore the new favourite and would often ask to play with her or for her to simply join them while meal times, and often times she would. 

​​​​​​

Hurrem hatun enraged as she was couldn't even do anything about it since she had officially lost all the royal families favour, including Hatice sultanas. Apparently the sultan had informed his family on what he was told and they mutually decided to ignore her unless necessary. 

She had noticed that she would visit her son in his nusery twice a day. The rest of the day she would be locked inside her chambers only having nigar kalfa as a visitor. 

she had heard from esma hatun, that hurrem had attempted to write the sultan a letter but he never responded. The red haired woman now looked gloomy just like mahidevran sultana had. It was as if two women had switched places over the spam of a few days. 

Once mahidevran sultana looked as if she had not spent a single day without crying, now hurrem mirrored that look but the only difference was that mahidevran sultana was now in pure bliss and full of life. 

She would feel sympathy for the woman but she couldn't find herself to care at this point. After all the torment hurrem put everyone through, she deserved this much at least. 

" Gülnihal you are dangerous! Within just a few weeks of returning you have made hurrem miserable" said ayse one day as they sat in their chambers.

Gülnihal laughed and bit into a slice of apple, it was sweet she thought as she finished the slice before responding.

" This is nothing, I suffered six months she will suffer sixty years if I have anything to do with it. I'll make sure she dose"

Gülnihal never forget the other hatun's words to her. She had said that she Gülnihal would be her slave. She would make her wish she never met her. 

" Gülnihal the valide is asking for you" said daye hatun as she passed the room. 

Nervous, Gülnihal changed into a baby blue dress and had her hair done in a braide with some curles framing her face. She wore the sapphire necklace that the valide had gifted her and set off. 

" You asked for me my sultana" she said bowing down. In the room sat mahidevran sultana and Mustafa as well as Hatice sultana.

The valide offered her a seat and then some sweet drink, it tasted as if it was honey.

" My dear, when you first said that you wanted revenge on hurrem I suspected that you would want to birth a son to rival hers not steal my son's attention from her and make her loose favour".

Gülnihal looked up at her, did this woman believe her to be stupid? She had nearly eight months to decide and plan on what she should do as well as have aid in her planning thanks to huma hatun. Obviously it would be more than having a son. But Gülnihal now felt as if it was time to introduce the idea of having a son or daughter after all.

" Sultana, I have accomplished my goals thanks to your trust and the fact that you gave me this opportunity" she said trying to flatter the other women which worked perfectly she thought as she took in the older sultanas rosy cheeks.

" But I have been thinking about having a child of my own, a daughter in case the sultan looses interest. Is there a way for me to quicken the process " 

the valide thought for a few minutes before answering.

" I will have the physician deal with this my dear, now you may retire" so she left without a y more words 

Later that evening she was called into mahidevran sultanas chambers.

Mustafa who was eating his meal, ran into her arms and begged her to play with him, she laughed at his cute behaviour and promised to play with him the following day.

" Gülnihal come here, I have something for you" said the dark haired sultana as the other women approached her hesitantly.

She took out a lovely pearl white necklace with matching earrings and handed them to her, Gülnihal could not help but feel dazzled by the beauty of the Jewelry, they were very pretty and whoever owned them would be lucky.

" Gülnihal this is my gift to you, thanks to you I have gained back the favour of the sultan. Thank you dear friend " 

Gülnihal blushed and kissed the hands of the Sultana, this truly was a blessing she thought as she made her way to the favourites chambers.

She put on the jewelry and gazed at herself, she truly felt like she was in a dream and would wake up in the old palace sometimes