chapter 17

Gülnihal had decided that she would put the next steps of her plans onto action. 

When she told huma what she was planning on doing the woman gasped and immediately rejected the idea, her words stuttering out as she scolded the younger women. 

" Your twins are only six months old! It's far too early sultana. Please wait until they are at least a year old" 

Gülnihal frowned, hurrem gave birth to mihrimah when Mehmet wasn't even a year old, yet no one had fussed over it. Plus Gülnihal would be planning this pregnancy, nothing would go wrong she hoped. She had already gotten midwives she trusted in the physician ward and Alara had said that she would help as much as she could. But still she heeded the advice, she would wait until the twins reached at least a year. 

Huma adviced her to ride themselves of hurrem's new found companion first, apparently the man was very intelligent and had already begun plotting to put one of the red heads sons on the throne. Gülnihal laughed at this, this woman was the same woman who claimed that she loved the sultan the most yet here she was plotting openly to put her son on the throne. 

No this could not happen, Gülnihal would have to do something quickly she thought. But what? She hadn't a clue yet, but she new that she would need to eliminate the threat before it grew bigger and much too difficult to deal with. She already had to deal with hurrem and mahidevran, Ibrahim obviously wouldn't side with her and it happens that the valide also picked favourites.

Most in the palace assumed that Mustafa would ascend the throne, very little had thought that it may be Mehmet since his mother hadn't yet lost favour even after her misdeeds. But who thought of Ahmed? Or orhan? 

Shaking herself out of the dark thoughts she got up and decided to visit the bathhouse then spend time with her children. 

The next few weeks went by in a blur. She had established a routine with her days and it was surprisingly going well.

Ahmed was once more thriving and running around, he made zehra chase after him like a dog. The twins charmed the harem with their inoccent nature and grew stronger and healthier everyday. Gülnihal prayed daily for their safety and protection. Her pride and joy she thought blissfully.

Without even realising a month went by and news arrived of hurrem's health improving, the physician had said that it seemed that she would be better within a few more weeks, she would finally be back.

Gülnihal felt a feeling of dread coming over her, should she have killed her, eliminate the threat before it grew stronger?

No absolutely not, she would not give the hatun the opportunity to rise once more. Hurrem would remain in the background and she would be on top. Everyone else would be delt with in a appropriate time.