chapter sixteen

Dear sultan of my heart

I have news, if I'm honest I have been dying to inform you about this. But I have been occupied with other tasks that unfortunately I was unable to inform you sooner.

My heart cries in joy in knowing that you are to be in my arms within a few days. My dreams since you left were full of your blessed face and honey sweet voice. I have dreamt of you and prayed for you. 

Only I know how I felt once I saw you leaving the palace. It felt as if a peice of my heart was being ripped off. A empty sadness took over and I was left counting down the days until I had the opportunity to hold you once more.

My sultan, ruler of my heart the news I am about to share will come as a shock. But I do believe that it will fill you with just as much joy. My beloved, I am expecting. We will have a beautiful prince or princess soon!

I hope you arrive soon, my arms ach to hold you and I crave to hear your voice. 

Yours 

Gülnihal

Gülnihal read the letter a few times until she sealed it finally and handed it to daye hatun. The woman looked as if she would rather be anywhere else but was stuck helping Gülnihal. 

Not wanting to keep her waiting, Gülnihal handed her the letter along side the one she wrote to huma hatun. The woman had been concerned for her and Gülnihal wanted to give her good news before word got out even more. 

She was hoping to bring the hatun to the capital, huma hatun was loyal and a good woman. Gülnihal knew she could trust her instead of looking for another person. 

That night Gülnihal slept peacefully, her dreams full of a young boy riding a beautiful black horse.