chapter ten

" Gülnihal, you will be late! The sultan is waiting" cried out Ayse as she rubbed her arms with scented oils and helped her put pins of ruby and sapphire in her wavey hair.

Gülnihal chose to wear a blush pink dress with cuts made around the waist area. The dress was off the shoulder with a parting made on the side of one of the legs. She wore a darker shade of red tint on her lips and checked herself over a few times before leaving.

They were walking towards the golden path when she saw nigar kalfa outside the door, Gülnihal nearly laughed out loud. Was this stupid woman still trying? She had officially lost favour yet still thought the sultan would want her. 

A few minutes later, out came hurrem. She was wearing a black dress with gold embroidery and a gold necklace. Her red hair was in a loose updo with some curles framing her face.  She looked more put together Gülnihal thought as she watched her leave the Sultans chambers. 

Gülnihal took a step back, she didn't know what she would do after her last encounter with the raging woman. 

Lucky for her, Ibrahim was only a few steps behind the red haired hatun, he gently prompted her to move forward. Hurrem froze for a few seconds but when she began walking, she met Gülnihal's gaze and whispered

" This is not over just yet, just wait and see" 

Gülnihal didn't respond and entered the chambers of the sultan. She saw him sat on his bed with his head in his hands. She felt some sympathy towards him if she was being honest. He had to rule an entire empire and deal with petty arguments. 

" Suleiman" she said as she sat next to him, gently she wrapped her arms around his shoulders kissing his cheek. He looked at her and smiled slightly before turning away. 

" What happened my love? Did someone do something"? She asked, not throwing accusations just yet.

The Sultan shook his head but Gülnihal already knew the answer. So gently she prompted him to shear his headache. Even though she had little affection for the sultan, she was in his company most days and nights so obviously she warmed up towards him. She may not love him but she didn't like seeing him upset either. 

" I just can't believe she thought I'll forgive her this easily. Not only did she insult my harem, and wish ill to my unborn child. My family hide it from me as if it never happened"

Gülnihal smiled sadly and rubbed his back soothingly. Poor man was blind to his own mistakes.

" My beloved, I apologize if this angers you. But I believe everyone was afraid of your reaction to reveal anything".

The sultan looked baffled, he responded that he would have punished her regardless, that hurrem could not get away with such acts. 

" But my sultan, if being honest. You prioritised hurrem a lot and there are many things you are unaware of. Such as her disrespectful behaviour and how when she did beat me that unfortunate day. The valide went to question her and she was very disrespectful towards her" 

The Sultan paled, it was clear that his family didn't tell him this she thought. Gülnihal removed her hands from around him and wrapped them around herself tightly. She watched as he took in this new found information. 

After a few minutes, Gülnihal cleared her throat and smiled brightly. She would end this topic for now. After all her plans had worked faster than she had thought. 

" Let us not talk about such sad topics my love. We have better things to look forward to" 

The sultan looked confused and questioned her, she smiled seductively and started pulling down the sleeve of her dress.

" You and me, obviously" she whispered.

The next morning Gülnihal left early, giving out instructions to the gaurd outside that the sultan didn't wish to be disturbed until later. She knew he needed rest and that wouldn't happen unless orders were given out. 

Once back in her chambers, she changed into a simple red dress and ate her breakfast with Ayse hatun. They gossiped and ayse revealed the events of last night. Gülnihal smiled in amusement since she was there herself.

" Apparently she tried to get back into the Sultans good graces but he flat out rejected her and told her to leave!" Said ayse as she finished her meal.

Gülnihal smiled at her, finally she felt the fire in her chest cool down. Hurrem would face more trouble without her interference now. She had achieved her main goal she thought. Ayse seemed to be on the same page as well.

" But Gülnihal now that you have achieved what you wanted, what will happen"?

Gülnihal considered this and responded after a few minutes. She hadn't thought this for. 

" I'll continue seeing the sultan unless he grows tired of me or I'll give birth to one of his children " 

There was nothing else she could do, unless she ran away which would be highly unlikely.