chapter 14

One month went by, hurrem's health had not changed even in the slightest, two months came by and the valide was begining to loose hope. Suleiman visited her and agreed that they really couldn't do much.

Well obviously they couldn't, the palace physician's didn't know about the antidote so couldn't treat the sultana accordingly. They had apparently made several ointments and all failed. Some relieved the irritation but they couldn't cure the rashes. She heard from Suleiman that hurrem was restless, always crying over her fate and couldn't stand looking in a mirror.

Guilty as she was Gülnihal remembered the months she spent in which she could not stand looking into a mirror herself. How she hated her appearance and would cry for nights and wake up in a mess of tears and sweat due to nightmares.

Closing her eyes she relieved her first night in the old place. It truly was a nightmare

Gülnihal had arrived her face vail coving the worse of the burns. She looked around at the palace and spotted two agas outside. Since Ayse was with her she allowed her to do all the talking. Not bothering with anything but a simple greeting out of respect.

The to agas took her small collection of belongings and escorted both women into a medium sized chamber.

It had a medium sized bed with red and white covers, two ottomans and a small table and a window seat looking outside a beautiful garden.

Ayse helped her move her clothes into a chest that sat in front of the bed, she only had a few clothes and nightgowns but it helped distract her from her awful thoughts.

Her dear friend stayed until after evening meal, she then left and promised to write back. Gülnihal swore that the air shifted into a heavy energy full of loneliness and just a empty sadness.

A woman named huma had come in, she was carrying a fur coat claiming that the palace got cold during the evenings so she should use the fur to keep warm. Upon setting her eyes on it she let out a blood curling scream, eyes blurry with tears and hands trembling.

Without thinking she screamed a chant of 'poison! Poison'! It took an hour or longer for her to calm down and be sure that the fur had no poison in it and that she was safe, or at least not in immediate danger. It would take a while before she could stand to see fur let alone wear it.

The next morning she was told to visit the bathhouse so that she could have privacy before the other girls went in. Feeling thankful she complied, a concubine came to help her, maybe the young blond was naive or just not bothered. She handed Gülnihal a small mirror and went to get some more soaps and oils.

Out of sheer curiosity she took a daring glance at her face and then instantly threw the mirror at the wall. It cracked once it hit the unwanted target, leaving glass on the floor.

The blond returned and questioned her on what happened, Gülnihal ignored her. Later huma hatun asked her what happened and she told her, told her that she was ugly and ruined forever. Huma hugged her and said that they had a solution, she would be cured.

She most have fallen asleep,since the sultan had a odd request for her. Defne told her the message as she put her son's asleep. Halima had fallen asleep hours ago.

" Sultana, the sultan has said for you to ready yourself. He is waiting for you in his chambers"

Confused she put on the same blood red dress she wore when she went to visit Alara hatun.

" Did he say why? It's a little late for him to call for anyone"

" No sultana, but he had a carriage prepared and told Ibrahim to arrange everything"

Nodding she requested for her grey fur coat, defne went to get it whilst huma did her hair in a half up half down braided style. Ruby pins added to the sides of her head. She looked lovely, or so her maids told her in sweet voices.

She walked into the chambers of the sultan, her gaze trying to find him. Once she found him standing in the balcony she called out

" Suleiman"

A/n: next chapter will be a valentine's day themed one!