chapter 11

Gülnihal kept true to her intentions and began preparing for her visit to the harem. She first ordered the kitchen to prepare helva as a special treat. Hopefully the girls would enjoy this. 

She dressed in a pearl white dress with red borders, her brunette hair in a loose updo with some strands out to frame her face. As far her jewelry she wore only her small diamond tiara and a matching bracelet. Satisfied with her appearance she left with a pleasant smile on her face. The smile stayed on until she took a seat on one of the many tables and greeted the girls. 

Some bowed whilst others offered her well wishes and thanks for the dessert, they did enjoy it after all. Then one girl voiced out a question she new she would hear.

" Sultana where are the sehzade and sultana"? 

Giggling Gülnihal explained that she kept the twins indoors mostly due to the fact that they get fussy and restless quickly. Plus orhan did not enjoy loud spaces or too many people. The most they would do would cry after a half hour of looking around, so she didn't feel the need to force them out of their obvious comfort place.

" Maybe I shall bring them once they get a little older, for now though you can enjoy Ahmed running around" the girls laughed at this. 

Whilst they ate and spoke, the uninvitable topic sprang loose, honestly Gülnihal was a little afraid at how quickly news spread around the palace, it was a little intimidating once the girls and servents grew curious about certain things. The questions equally as awkward if it involved the sultan and his bed. 

" Sultana have you heard about Daphne? Apparently she was sent to both mahidevran and hurrem Sultanas chambers. Poor girl"

Gülnihal nodded in pity, poor girl indeed. Especially if she was oblivious to what the valide had planned for her. 

Out of curiosity she asked the girls to bring the hatun in question to her. She wouldn't intimidat her nor would she try to frighten her. She had been on the other side of the same equation and refused to use the methods used on her on some inoccent girl. Besides she wouldn't be a threat unless Gülnihal made her one. 

The blond girl appeared in a dark pink dress with her hair loose. She really was beautiful Gülnihal thought a little bitter, beautiful and graceful. 

The hatun bowed and sat down when Gülnihal motioned her to. She had her gaze on the floor and hands shaky. Feeling horrible and cursing herself for the stupid stunt she squeezed the girls hand and smiled softly. To give a none threatening approach, hopefully it worked.

Without addressing her directly she entertained other gossips and listened as the hatuns told what they heard or saw. From the corner of her eye she saw Daphne letting out a sigh of relief, the poor woman probably thought she would publicly interrogate her or something. Gülnihal could laugh at the very thought but held her composer. 

An hour later she bidded farewell to the girls and re entered her chambers. On the bed lay her silk nightgown and a light blue robe. Defne helped her dress and said that the twins were being fed and would be brought back shortly. Nodding she had her hair braided and she lay in bed waiting. 

The door opened a few minutes later and in walked the wet nurses holding the children. Gently Gülnihal took both and kissed their foreheads. She began humming a tune faintly as she rocked backwards and forwards. Her eyes half closed as the song ended. 

" My sweet lion and lioness. My light in the darkness and joy during sadness. Mama loves you so much" 

Two weeks flew by, but not as quick as the sultana hoped, she missed Ahmed so much and longed to hold him and hear his voice. Her darling boy would be awake and running by now. Suleiman would most likely be back tomorrow or the day after, then she would be able to hug her son most likely his father would be busy with his harem. 

Not having anything else to do she decided in selecting a dress to wear for when Suleiman returns. 

After a careful inspection she choice a Turquoise dress with sheer sleeves and a matching vail and jewelry. It wasn't really a new dress in fact she had it since she was just a favourite and may need to have it tailored. But she would deal with that tomorrow. 

For now she had another idea, strangely enough she thought it would be helpful in the near future. An act of kindness. 

" Please bring Daphne here, I'd like to speak to her." 

The wait was long and Gülnihal thought that the girl was occupied elsewhere. Rolling her eyes lightly at this she continued with her embroidery and watched the door. Once it opened she put down her things and plastered on a smile. 

The blond appeared wearing a basic green dress, her golden hair in curled. 

" Come sit by me, I heard you are new"?

The girl nodded and smiled brightly. Even her smile was beautiful she thought bitterly, still she plastered on a small smile herself and asked the originally planned question. 

" I was just wondering if everything was alright. I heard that hurrem and mahidevran called for you"

The girl paled within seconds. Her eyes growing wide as if she was caught doing something illegal. At that moment Gülnihal regretted her question, she hadn't wanted to make her uncomfortable or scared. But it seemed like she was expecting this or something worse.

Taking a deep breath she decided to showcase a kinder version of a sultana. Show the girls that she was the better consort and person. Someone who dose not go around threating potential favourites or try to intimidate them

So with a gentle smile she took the hatuns hand in hers and said loudly

" Listen I don't know what the other Sultanas have said to you nor what they have planned but just know that if you need anything my doors are always open". 

The girl nodded and thanked her, Gülnihal gave another short but warm smile then sent her off. 

sweet seduction जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें