sixteen

[ flashback ]

It was a quiet night, only a few cars passing by and crickets buzzing could be heard. The two remained in silence, enjoying the night view above them.

"Hana" he called her name softly as she gazed at him until he finally looked at her; the two remained outside of the building, spending some time together. The cold breeze brushed their cheeks, yet they were unbothered.

"What do you think of me as a counter?" He suddenly asked, the girl looked at him puzzled.

"You're our ace. You're good at your job" she replied with a serious tone as he looked away, trying to hide his eyes getting watery, albeit she already saw it.

She looked at him with tenderly eyes as if she would want to hug him tightly at that moment and never let go; she knew he was going through something and she wanted to listen to him, and the young man perhaps wanted to talk about it with her.

"Am I good enough?" Somun asked with an uneasy tone.

"Is there something bothering you, Somun?" He didn't reply.

He avoided her eyes, he felt so vulnerable and he didn't want to show her that side of him. The young man didn't allow himself to cry over the past few months, he always put a brave face and smiled to them; he never showed his weak side, he hated making them worried.

Later on, silence filled in the air between the two as he let out a fake laugh all of sudden, trying to change topic as she looked at him clueless; he didn't want to ruin the peaceful moment between them under the starry night.

However she wanted to be there for him when he would feel insecure with himself, perhaps she wanted to love himself as much as she did?

-

A/N: i forgot to mention that i edited the previous chapters, i added some parts! i hope you enjoyed it!