eighteen

Hana suddenly stood up, she angrily shut the door behind her and left the room. She headed outside the hospital as she found an empty bench and took a seat.

She couldn't control her emotions very well, she was never that good at expressing herself.

She felt so frustrated.

She looked up at the sky, it turned into a dark colour, stars were shining brightly even through the smoky clouds.

As she was alone, she finally calmed down, she didn't know why she was so mad earlier.

Or maybe she knew the reason, she was just pretending not to know it.

How long will she keep denying it?

She hated seeing him suffering.

She really cared about him, she wanted him to stop sacrificing himself just to protect them. They could protect themselves and he should be protected as well.

They needed him, not as a counter, but as family.

She needed him, not as a counter, nor as family, just him.

She just needed him by her side.

What could she do to make him realise that?

Sometimes I just wanted to quit being a counter. She thought about his words once again as tears were welling up in her eyes.

"So that's what you were trying to tell me the other night" she muttered to herself as she sighed. She buried her face on her hands and she began to sob.

"Hana!!" Someone suddenly called out her name.

She looked up and found Jeokbong standing a few inches from her as he approached her.

"What's wrong Hana?" He asked her with a calming, yet worried voice as he noticed Hana's red eyes.

Jeokbong had no longer feelings for her as he decided to support whatever relationship she and Somun had.

The moment he knew there was something between the two, he decided to put his feelings aside.

He really cared about them and just wished them to be happy.

He eventually moved on and his feelings gradually faded away.

"It's nothing" she tried to put a smile on her face and wiped her tears away, albeit the tall guy already noticed it.

He came closer and hugged her as Hana let him, despite she hated physical touch.

"He will be fine, he has us" Hana chuckled at his words.

He will be fine. She repeated it to herself.

-

A/N: i'm terribly sorry for making you wait but here you are the new chapter! once again i really appreciate there are still people reading my story, and honestly, i'm afraid for disappointing you in the remaining chapters.