seventeen

"I'm sorry for making you worried.." he said with a small voice. "I don't know what's wrong with my body" he added as he scratched the back of his neck.

"You scared us when you passed out after you summoned that evil spirit. I knew you weren't supposed to be back this early." Ms. Chu said as she looked at the young man with concerning eyes.

It was night, yet the hospital was getting busier and busier; patients kept arriving, alarms and beeps from diverse machines could be heard; there were people crying, some were waiting in the hall or perhaps talking quietly to a visitor.

The young man was now back to his room, the counters were there as well, the nurse made a few check up after he woke up, making sure he was alright after he got slammed down on the ground by that third-level evil spirit.

His head was still spinning, but the pain was bearable.

Severely months of keeping everything to himself of fear of being a burden to the others, he thought he would be fine, his old-self would be back somehow — but it wasn't that easy as it sounded.

The young man finally decided to open up about his dark thoughts which he is being tormented by, his eyes were getting watery once again, the counters noticed it. They felt horrible for not being able to cheer up the young boy during his difficult times.

He took a deep breath, his hands were nervously fidgeting and he was avoiding eye-contact.

"Sometimes.. I.." he was hesitant but he proceeded to talk "Sometimes I just wanted to.. quit.. being a counter" the young man finally managed to say, the counters seemed taken back by his words.

-

A/N: what's gonna happen next? :) sorry for the late update, but i hope you're enjoying the story so far.. ! and thank you for the people who are still reading this ㅠ