fourteen

"Somun, can you hear me?" The young man slightly opened his eyes, he could hear someone's voice — a doctor, he supposed. His eyes were squinting due the strong light in the room, beeping from the ECG machine could be heard
and the dizziness he felt in the past few days was back.

The doctor called the others as they went to him, revealing their smiling yet tiring faces, he could tell they didn't rest properly; Jeokbong was the first one to hug him and he started to cry.

"You had us worried, Somun!!!"

The young man remembered about passing out when he summoned the evil spirit. He gave them an apologetic look as Motak patted his arm reassuringly.

"Where are the others?" He noticed Ms. Chu, Hana and Mr. Jangmul weren't there.

"Ms. Chu is in the other room. Hana and Mr. Jangmul are keeping an eye on her." he gave them a clueless look.

-

"Somun, you shouldn't go around!" The nurse called him as she noticed he got up from the bed, he was supposed to rest, but stubborn he is, he didn't listen and went to look for Ms. Chu.

During the fight with that third-level evil spirit, Ms. Chu was hit on the stomach as she fainted.
She slowly regained consciousness and told them she was fine, yet the counters insisted on bringing her to the hospital.

Ms. Chu was feeling sorry for not being able to heal Somun like she always used to, but they told her not to force herself too much and just to rest.

Somun approached to her bed, she was sleeping peacefully as he sat beside her.

His thoughts were clouding his mind again, he blamed himself for not being able to protect them.

A voice came from behind, interrupting his thoughts, it was Hana. He turned around as they gazed at each other.

"You're awake!" A smile was plastered across her face and without any hesitation, the girl got closer to him and hugged Somun tightly.

-

A/N: sorry for the late update, but i hope you enjoy it! and please be patient with me, rushing me to write won't help, it makes me feel pressured only. instead you can comment your thoughts on this story or vote, thank you for your understanding.