𝟕 | 𝑪𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒔

Grabbing my laptop, I sat down on the nearby bench and turned it on before typing in the password.

Hearing the door creak open slightly, and seeing someone standing in the doorway out of the corner of my eye, I looked up to see Lloyd.

"Hey Lloyd. You need something?" I asked, giving him a small smile.

"Nah. I just wanted to let you know that I saw Cole delete something on your laptop earlier. I think it was a poem or something." He informed.

"Well, I gotta go. Bye." Lloyd waved, closing the door behind him.

Feeling my anxiety spike, I quickly loaded up the app I use to write and checked for my story. But, it wasn't there.

"No..."

"No, no, no, no, no, no!"

Panicked, I tried signing in and out of my account. I even tried loading it up online, but the story didn't show up.

"Cole!" I screamed, slamming my laptop shut.

<><><><><>

"You couldn't just be happy with the top score? You had to rub it in my face?" Kai snapped.

"How could you?! You knew I loved that story and that I've been writing it for over a year!" I yelled, tears pooling in the corners of my eyes.

"You know how long it took me to make that? Three days. Three days." Cole shouted.

"It's an unsaid law, okay? You don't touch a man's robot." Jay bit.

"How am I supposed to strike fear in this? It's pink." Zane cried, holding up his pink gi.

As the five of us argued with one another, Sensei walked into the room without us noticing and pushed the bathroom door open.

Hearing a familiar voice cackling, I stopped yelling at the others and looked ahead to see Lloyd standing by Sensei with a pile of items by him.

"You did this?" We questioned.

Now, I don't normally agree with violence against kids. But right now, that was the last thing I cared about.

"Boys. I get first dibs on." Cole bit through gritted teeth, angrily walking towards Lloyd.

"No dibs. I put him up to this for today's lesson. I wanted to show you the destructive power of rumors and that jumping to conclusions can only lead to trouble. Did you ever think to find out if the accusations were true?"

"Uh, no offence, Sensei, but let me jump to this conclusion: Today's lesson is lame." Cole spoke bluntly.

"Yeah. Why can't you teach us to paralyze your enemy with one finger? Or find out if a man is lying by the twitch of his nose?" Jay asked pettily.

"Because not all lessons are about fighting. And I misplaced my lesson book." He admitted.

"But did you have to go so far? Do you not realise how many long, restless days and nights I spent on that? And you just let him delete it like that?!" I snapped, clenching my fists.

Grabbing something from his back pocket, Sensei chucked me a small thing. Though, I wasn't sure what it was.

"What's this?" I asked. Confused, but still ticked off.

"A USB with your story backed up on it. Did you really think I would allow Lloyd to delete a year's worth of work without backing it up?" Sensei asked.

Opening my mouth to speak, I quickly closed it upon realising I did think he just let Lloyd delete it. Knowing he had it backed up, I felt a wave of relief wash over me.